cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user8TS6w1HMU2
Asteroid

Pop up windows

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok, I have a Samsung S10+ I use nova Launcher.

I get these rectangular pop ups as notifications for some apps, one of them being my text messages. I don't use any special text app. I was trying to figure out how to turn those pop up windows off. I managed to turn it off for my text messages and nothing else. I want my text message window pop ups back and I have tried everything. I do not want the fb circle type of pop. Help. my preview message option is turned on. I reset device settings. I reset default settings. Nothing. 

Settings > Apps > Messaging > Notifications

Are all on

Settings > Display > Edge Screen > Edge Lighting

Is off

I don't remember how I turned them off, but I'm fairly certain I undid everything I had done. I see no reason these pop ups shouldn't be happening..

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Pop up windows

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Perfect! Thank you for providing those screenshots, You are exactly in the settings you need to be.

Click on one of the categories for example 'General Notifications' or 'New Messages' and switch the setting to how you like it.

You can choose between the following: Sound Only(Your Current Setting), Silent, Sound & Pop up, Sound and Minimized.

Let us know if this resolves your concerns!

Hope this message finds you well!

^SamsungZell

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you change the notification pop up? You can check the setting to ensure that you have it set to Sound and Popup.

Settings>Applications>Messages>Notifications>Sound&Popup

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user8TS6w1HMU2
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Screenshot_20190618-153958_Messages.jpg

user8TS6w1HMU2
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Screenshot_20190618-153729_Settings.jpg

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Perfect! Thank you for providing those screenshots, You are exactly in the settings you need to be.

Click on one of the categories for example 'General Notifications' or 'New Messages' and switch the setting to how you like it.

You can choose between the following: Sound Only(Your Current Setting), Silent, Sound & Pop up, Sound and Minimized.

Let us know if this resolves your concerns!

Hope this message finds you well!

^SamsungZell

View solution in original post

user8TS6w1HMU2
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You are my best friend! I didn't know those were clickable! 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You are very welcome, We love being helpful and making new best Friends!

Thank you for being the best part of Samsung!