cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Please help ll
Asteroid

Powering off phone

Hi,

All of a sudden my cell is asking for my fingerprint or password before I cancan power off the phone.. How do I turn off the request for a password when powering down

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Powering off phone

Hey there! Is it asking for the password when you power the phone off from the lock screen or the Home screen? It is normal to ask for the password to power off the phone from the lock screen.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Please help ll
Asteroid

Both 

@SamsungRei wrote:

Hey there! Is it asking for the password when you power the phone off from the lock screen or the Home screen? It is normal to ask for the password to power off the phone from the lock screen.

Samsung_8DEqIAE
Astronaut

In my experience this only happens when you power off when the phone is locked. I don't think you can change this. If you power off while the phone is unlocked you should not get this prompt.

Please help ll
Asteroid

No it is asking for password or fingerprint right now I tried it before responding. .it just started 2 days ago . So strange!  Any other thoughts thanks 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I believe the best option is going to be to take the phone to a local uBreakiFix location for an evaluation. They are an authorized repair center for Samsung and can access your warranty information. You can find your nearest location by using this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/ubreakifix/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.