cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userSPc9WsYhed
Asteroid

Private mode > Secure folder

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I feel like I'm one of the few people who miss private mode and hate secure folder.  I used to be able to hide photos and documents using private mode, then unlock it and have access to them from for emails and messages.  Secure folder totally separates them, and you only can access those items if you install the app directly into secure folder.  The problem is that secure folder logs you out everytime you close secure folder, which for some apps makes you lose past data.  Is there a way to modify secure folder so that apps can access secure files once you unlock it?  Or am I going to a third party app.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Private mode > Secure folder

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You should be able to use your email inside of the secure folder since just add Yahoo to it and you should be able to do everything just add Yahoo to it like I have email inside of itScreenshot_20190405-171559_Secure Folder.jpg

Gary-B82-Ambassador-Signature2Note 10+ Verizon Wireless

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you go into your secure folder and click the 3 dots in the right corner then settings you can change the auto lock function to when the phone restarts so basically it will stay unlocked if you never restart your phone 

userSPc9WsYhed
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That helps a little.  I would still have to install the apps into secure folder though to even let them see anything stored there.  And I'm guessing locking the folder would still sign everything out.  

Ex. My Yahoo app is outside my secure folder, if I want to attach a doc from secure folder I'd have to open secure folder>move the file out of it>attach it to my email>move it back into secure folder>lock secure folder.

Vs old private mode: unlock private> attach document> turn on private mode

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You should be able to use your email inside of the secure folder since just add Yahoo to it and you should be able to do everything just add Yahoo to it like I have email inside of itScreenshot_20190405-171559_Secure Folder.jpg

View solution in original post

userSPc9WsYhed
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I guess I'm stuck using any apps that need access to those files, inside secure folder only.  Would be nice to be able to keep apps outside the secure folder, and then just give access.  I'll mark this as solved just because I think there isn't this option available.  

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can add copies of the apps in the secure folder and when you need to send something from the secure folder us the copy that's in the secure folder and when you don't need to use the secure folder use the one outside of the folder 

userSPc9WsYhed
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Some of the apps I've been trying that with won't talk with the copies.  So like if I open it outside SF, it logs out the copy inside SF, and then vice versa.  

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Strange I haven't had that happen to me yet 

userSPc9WsYhed
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well I will definitely try all your suggestions.  Thank you for your help!

Mpa3TXS
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I think I found a work around for this problem.

In gallery, I created an Album named "Private" and transferred in all of the pictures I wanted "hidden."  

Then in Gallery, Select the Album Tab.  Click the 3 dots @ the top right & select "Hide or Unhide Albums." 

I then scrolled until I found my "Private" Album & selected it. 

This hides that Album & it's contents in the Gallery.  It's not password protected but it is out of view & "hidden" from your Gallery.  

To view or access your "Private" Album, simply click Gallery, Albums, 3 dots Menu & select "Hide or Unhide Albums."  Select your "Private" Album & the Album becomes available for use until you "Hide" it again.  

I hope Samsung will take a hint & reenable the "Private Mode" soon.  I really prefer my personal files password protected.  "Secure Folder" does not provide easy access to its contents & is a pain to use quickly.