I have an S10 and when I'm calling an automated service when they prompt me to press a number I hear it pressed and visually see the number on my phone screen that it WAS pressed, but it doesnt register... any idea why this is happening? And it is every automated call.
That is very unusual you tried pressing the # key after inputting the desired numbers. Normally that’s what needs to be done in order for the number to register on an automated phone call.
Do you experience these symptoms if you make a phone call with your device in safe mode?
-If your phone is misbehaving, it's possible that a third-party app is causing the issue. To figure out what app is acting funny, you can use the Safe Mode feature. In Safe Mode, your phone won't run any third-party apps. This allows you to easily identity and remove the app that may be causing the problem.
Give this link a try to test your device in safe mode: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/
Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device?
-The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly.
Turn off the device.
Give these steps a try wipe the cache partition on your device:
1. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
2. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
3. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
4. Press Power key to select.
5. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
6. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
7. Press the Power key to restart the device.
Are you using the stock phone app when you are experiencing these symptoms?