cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Proximity sensor issues S10/S10+

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, I had the same issue on my note 10 +, but I turn off the accidental touch protection and the touch sensitivity option and fix the issue.

Thanks a lot!!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My other half has also had issues with this sensor besides we hve been dicked around trying get it fixed by samsung ive only had this phone not even 3 months it is the worst weve had yet they dont hold up to there lemon law very well at all its sad to have to pay for service n not be able use the phone cuz this sensor calls others when on it and also gos into apps they have horrible customer service 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with the phone. There is a limited manufacturer's warranty that covers the phone for such defects, providing there has been damage to the phone. Will you please send a private message with the model code and IMEI number so I may assist you further? http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That's odd

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

my S10+ (exynos) constantly mutes conversations and hangs up on people. nearly impossible to hold a conversation unless using the speakerphone. updates seem more often, and it does have Android 10 now. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have this same problem, constantly putting people on hold.  I cannot locate any way to move that menu so my ear doesn't touch it, and since investigating the issue I can't see the small white light everyone is talking about that indicates the sensor is working during a call.  I would say this issue occurs on at least 2 out of 3 phone calls.  Incredibly frustrating when I run a business from my phone.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The bug that was reported here and that is present in my S10 phone that arrived yesterday 02/13/2020 is in the two sensors that work together the Proximity Sensor and Light Sensor, both are defective by hardware, therefore no update of software will be able to correct the sensors, I advise you to seek your rights in the courts of your countries.

To access the sensor test page, use;

*#77692#

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Forum,

i wonder why this is marked "solved". this problem persists one year and several updates later: the screen does not turn off, while calling, even though several updates later. also i couldn't find a downloadlink to a fix for this.

one thing is for sure: the proximity sensor works just fine: above testcode proves ist and when install Lineage OS, the screen turns off and on just fine, but not under stock samsung-android. so the hardware seems to be fine.

Samsung, this is an almost 1000.-- phone ! it would be nice if we finally could use it as such

thanks and regards from switzerland

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I think it has improved compared to how it was one year back. Though the response time is definitely not as fast as earlier but there is no automatic screen on issue now while on a call

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@GabrielMartins wrote:

is in the two sensors that work together the Proximity Sensor and Light Sensor, both are defective by hardware,

To access the sensor test page, use;

*#77692#

using the above code proves, that the sensor just works fine. but you have to hit "proximity on" after the code. covering the sensor turns the screen green and the phone vibrates. so all good for me, hardwarewise.