cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user5rqFfrmpyx
Constellation

Re: Proximity sensor issues S10/S10+

I couldn't agree with you more! I just upgraded from my s6 active that I truly loved, and this s10+ has been disappointing for the $1000 price tag! So far, I like my s6 active better! It was purely dependable with no issues. I have had the phone 2 days, and notice EVERY time i'm on a call, the screen will come back on while on my ear. This is stupid for such an expensive phone!
userFsEdDQXCQV
Astronaut

Hi! I had the exact same situation.  Upgraded from a 6active to 10S and I can't get my phone to go dark when I'm on a call but when I'm on a conference call using my earbuds, it goes dark. 

They make tou spend so much more on a Phone  that doesnt understand the difference.. what ever happened with your s10? 

I've had mine new phone for 3 weeks and to replace with AT&T would be a refurbished phone and I didn't pay for a refurb. 

Thanks! 

hansvanegteren
Asteroid

I have problem with my s10+ exynos.

When calling and the phone is on my ear, the screen turns off.

However when moving my phone away from my ear the screen stays off during the call.

I have to push the power button to wake the screen up.

With my s7 edge the screen used to turn on when I moved my phone away from my ear when in a call.

Also when dialing *#0*# for the test menu's, clicking the sensors butten doesn't show any proximity sensor at all?

I also removed the screenprotector and the issue happends with both case on and off.

Is this a hardware or software defect, or am I missing somthing in the settings?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Can I please have your full model number so I can research further?

hansvanegteren
Asteroid

My full model number is SM-G975F

user46PNHWKzWY
Constellation

Same issue for S10. Model SM-G973F.

userglvQkEnB8t
Constellation

Im having the exact same issue. Model: SM-G975U

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hi there, @hansvanegteren, @user46PNHWKzWY, @userglvQkEnB8t, have you had the chance to check and see if this still occurs while the device is in safe mode?

hansvanegteren
Asteroid

Yes, I have checked and this is also happening in safe mode.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Alrighty, if the symptom still occurs in safe mode I would recommend a service repair. You may have a couple of options with how you can go about getting the repair if you wouldn't mind sending us a private message here with your IMEI number we can check on those options for you.