cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userXlCuDqJoMB
Constellation

Re: Proximity sensor issues S10/S10+

Dear Samsung, I just bought S10 and the proximity sensor is not working at all. 

Highlighted
user46PNHWKzWY
Constellation

@SamsungJace wrote:

Hi there, @hansvanegteren, @user46PNHWKzWY, @userglvQkEnB8t, have you had the chance to check and see if this still occurs while the device is in safe mode?

@SamsungJace hi, please note that in my case the sensor is actually working, but the maximum distance for which the sensor reacts is way too small. For s10, it is about 2-3cm compared to previous model where the distance is doubled. This is anoying during call where only a small change in phone position makes the display turn on. Is there a way to change this proximity distance range? Also *#0*# does not have any option to check the proximity sensor.

hansvanegteren
Asteroid

When I make a call I DO see the blinking pixel, so to me that means the sensor should work. Can someone confirm that this IS working on his or her phone?

Also confirm that when running the testmenu/sensors by dailing *#0*# they see a proximity sensor?

hansvanegteren
Asteroid

I also tested sensor activity with the app Androsensor.

1. Press the arrow on the top-right and press the record button on the left.

2. Open the dialer app and make a call.

3. Put your hand over the proximity sensor and release to replicate the issue.

4. Go back to androsensor and click the stop re ording button.

5. A csv file is generated on your device in the Androsensor folder.

The generated csv clearly shows that the proximity sensor goes from 2 to 0 and back to 2, so I don't think it's a hardware issue.

I think the issue is with either the dialer app or with the system software

hansvanegteren
Asteroid

I contacted the shop where I bought the phone and they told me that it's very likely to be a defective phone.

So I will send the phone back and once they have confirmed the issue, they will send a new device.

user5WEkyj7UUF
Asteroid

I did this and my new phone worked perfect, until I just did the update. When is Samsung going to fix this issue. I've wasted hours on the phone to finally get a replacement phone and it now do the same exact thing! And you can't get out of doing an update can you? 

userrtnbuKowwI
Constellation

I had the same exact issue. I turned on the "Touch Sensitivity" setting under the "Display" in Options (Options > Display > Touch Sensitivity) and it seems to have fixed it. It's also resolved some of the misreads with the inscreen finger print reader. 

hansvanegteren
Asteroid

Unfortunately that didn't do the trick for me.

PureLife
Astronaut

I have exact same issue with proximity sensor on my S10 plus... Grrr!

hansvanegteren
Asteroid

So I have send back my device and got a new one back from the shop.

The new one doesn't have this issue anymore.

So my suggestion to solve this issue, is to bring back your device as soon as possible while you are still within warranty.