cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Proximity sensor issues S10/S10+

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So announced this AM, Samsung is supposedly releasing a huge improvement update by the end of April.  One of the fixes is '4. Improved performance related to proximity sensor operation'.. I am hopeful this fixes our issues..

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S10/Huge-update-coming-by-the-end-of-April/m-p/584423#M15...

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I sold my Note 9 and bought s10+ and already regretted it. Problems with the proximity sensor are obvious. The sensor on both phones, s10 and s10+, works very badly. I tested about 5 phone of friends and in the store. It always works with a delay. It works only from close range. Sometimes it does not work at all. Sometimes during a phone call, it turns on the screen and the phone randomly presses the buttons like a cheap Chinese phone. The phone is poorly aware that it is in the pocket and sometimes there are occasional clicks (note 9 and c9 perfectly defined the pocket). In addition, you can note that the test of the proximity sensor is no longer available in *# 0*# (why? So that we could not compare it with last year's model?) The RGB light sensor test also disappeared and now it works worse than on. Proximity sensor issue is not a software issue. I think this is a charge for a new infiniti-O screen. Samsung, please correct the problem in the new models.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can download an app called "AndroSensor" to view more verbose output from the various sensors built-into the S10. From what I've seen, the proximity sensor seems to work, but the refresh on it is somewhat slower than I remember in the past.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response helped resolve your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button. Thanks!

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I get muted on most calls with my S10+.  I can't hold a call without muting it on this phone? I hope they fix this. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

same!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just downloaded the May Security Update (ASD9) on my t-mobile S10+. So far I think the prox issue may be working correctly now. I'll need a few days to be certain.

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same update . AOD still stays on when proximity sensor is covered.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

U mean problem fixed during calls ? Or with AOD staying always on also?

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
hoping for the May update soon. very hard to hold a conversation when my calls are muted.
Highlighted
Constellation

I'm not having any issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm not having any issues