cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Proximity sensor issues S10/S10+

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The best improvement I've had w/the phone waking in my pocket when double-touch is enabled, is to put the phone in my pocket w/the screen facing forward. It's less comfortable putting it in and taking it out, it's more natural to put in in my pocket w/screen towards my leg, but if I do that it wakes up constantly and starts doing crazy things. 

But...it does really make a difference for me - since I started keeping it w/the screen facing away from my leg, I've had very few instances of it waking in my pocket.  

YMMV, of course. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having same issue. Phone support told me verizon phones have no sensor? They told me to take to ubreakifix which I dont feel good about. Everytime I try to talk on the phone I hang up, mute, or dial with my cheek. Will try fix mentioned above *crossing fingers*

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Note:

I noticed my S10 plus kept waking up in my pocket when I had the "double tap to wake" turned on and the "prevent accidental taps" turned on.  The proximity sensor is supposed to work with these settings to detect if it is in a pocket or pressed against something and prevent the wake up of the screen.  

The problem is the sensor only detects objects when they're literally right on top of the sensor.  Not 1-2 inches away like it's supposed to.  

The sensor itself DOES work.  When in a phone call you can see the little white tiny light from the sensor just above the battery and the screen does turn off when about an inch away from an object.  This means the sensor works, but is set up incorrectly.  If it can detect properly during a call, why can't Samsung apply that level of sensitivity to other modes when the sensor is needed?

At the moment I turn off the double tap to wake option, which prevents it from lighting up in my pocket, and I can't carry the phone in my pocket for extended periods as it will constantly look for a fingerprint. 

Samsung needs to fix this with a software update and they need to do it now.  

I have been a customer for many years all the way from the S3 and this is the last poor quality issue I will put up with.

Fix it Samsung.  Or at minimum, acknowledge the issue and let us know you're working on it. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

All these issues seem to stem from one thing - the proximity sensor is now only active during a call, which precludes it from being used for anything else. I'm pretty sure it's due to the fact that it is now under the screen and needs to light up to be active. What is the best support channel to lobby Samsung about this?

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

All i can say is...................good luck friend.

When I hounded Samsung about the fingerprint sensor being visible........they literally said it's fine and it's meant to be like that and isn't a fault.

"FINE"

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I please have your full model number, baseband version, and service provider?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Why do people keep asking for model number and network? Every s10 model has this problem and its about time Samsung gave a response!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

He might be right, I am experiencing the same issue with my S10, whenever i am on facebook messenger for example,almost all the time my face just keeps turning the camera on in awkward conversations..or the speaker..or other things cause it doesnt lock the screen from the proximity sensor..it's so bad! my S8 never had that problem, the sensor from s8 was top notch always locking up on point, with s10..i am really dissapointed..battery life time is weak,proximity sensor is bad, touchscreen doesnt tap on point all the time, i have to tap twice or 3 times for it to click sometimes, and no,i do not have a protective glass..

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I turned up the sensitivity for the tapping problem, but in calls my phone always lights up and I click random things with my face or accidentally hang up... it's very annoying! Seems like it started happening after the update...

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue. Xfinity mobile did a 3 way and the rep was telling us to go advanced settings and argued with me that the setting was there.