cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

RCS for Unlocked S10+?

Recently heard some buzz around media about how Samsung plans to work with Google to enable RCS on Samsung messages (bypass carrier). When is this planned?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: RCS for Unlocked S10+?

No official date for when this joint effort is coming as of yet unfortunately. For now, RCS for Google Messages is enabled until Samsung Messages RCS goes live.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: RCS for Unlocked S10+?

They have been saying that for years. Marketing gimmicks, I don't think they know when it will be available. I heard the hype also, and it would definitely give imessage a coronary. However, I listened Samsung and Google talk about this year's and it would be here soon. Depends on their definition of soon, is a relative term. I told my girlfriend that we would be married soon and that was 8 years ago. Hopefully, soon is quicker then my definition was to her, but then some times we get told soon to stop the nagging lol. If it was that close I think they would of confirmed it with a date or firmware release. Androids and Sammy's updates that can take up to a year to get, two, or even some cases not at all. It's crazy that we are now paying over a thousand dollars for a device and in two years at best, and it's obsolete. Sorry for the rant. If I really had to guess, I would believe they would reveal it Febuary 2021 at Samsung's Unpacked Event.