cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BigDfromCT
Asteroid

RE: stock weather widget

A couple of days ago, the stock weather widget started redirecting to www.samsung.weather.com when you tap within the app. Prior to that, I had downloaded the weather channel for Samsung app that would open when you tapped within the app. This was achieved by redirecting to www.weather.com within the app options for the weather channel app. Now the option to redirect to the new link is grayed out. It still reads www.weather.com. Why does Samsung constantly feel the need to mess with things that aren't broken?

10 REPLIES 10
Samsung Care Ambassador

I just checked mine it also redirects to Samsung.weather.com which is powered by The Weather Channel as you can see the logo in the top left corner Screenshot_20190719-085352_Chrome.jpg

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please mark it as "Solved."

Note 9 User

Note 9 User on Verizon Wireless
BigDfromCT
Asteroid

I understand that it redirects to the new link. But prior to the new link, it would briefly redirect to www.weather.com and then open the Weather Channel for Samsung app. Now it only opens in the browser because you can't edit the new link into the app settings. In order for the weather app to open after you tap on the weather widget, you need to have the proper link. I can't edit the link.Screenshot_20190719-090431_Settings.jpg

Samsung Care Ambassador

At the moment I can't find a option to open the app instead of the website I'll let you know if I find anything 

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please mark it as "Solved."

Note 9 User

Note 9 User on Verizon Wireless
BigDfromCT
Asteroid

To clarify. If you click on the 10 day or radar options near the address bar, it DOES open the app to the respective part that was tapped. But then you need to hit the back button within the app to get where you would normally be put on the homepage of the app before. I know I could just go through these steps to achieve what I'm looking for. But everything was fine before it was changed.

Bradwoods
Constellation

Same thing here..I hate it...I've even tried installing older weather channel app apks with no luck...

Only workaround I have found so far..

Allow ongoing notifications in the weather channel app settings..It will show on the top status bar (temperature).Just swipe down and click on the weather notification status and it will open the weather channel app directly.

It seems we are being pushed to either use the weather channel widget or the stock Samsung weather widget.

userZ4vFD3vHUr
Constellation

This is infuriating!! The Weather Channel app is being redirected to samsung.weather.com and its stuck on Celsius. I have to change the temperature units manually every time I check the weather. There doesn't appear to be any way to change it to stop redirecting either.

Complete fail Samsung. Complete FAIL. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: RE: stock weather widget

Have you tried clearing the cache and data for the Weather app?

BigDfromCT
Asteroid

Re: RE: stock weather widget

I've tried all possible solutions. The only solution is Samsung allowing the customer the ability to edit the link inside of the Weather Channel app so it redirects to the new link. Or Samsung needs to not use the www.samsung.weather.com link and stick with www.weather.com. No clue why things get tinkered with when they work fine before.

userZ4vFD3vHUr
Constellation

Yes, this IS INFURIATING! 

I ride a motorcycle to work if it's not raining or snowing and I check the weather at least twice a day. This redirect issue and having to switch to Fahrenheit EVERY FREAKING TIME you use the weather.com app is a complete fail. What adds a slap in the face to all the customers who have very inconvenienced by it, is that it's STILL NOT FIXED and THERE'S NO WAY TO REVERT BACK!