cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useri5f10eXLL3
Asteroid

Random High pitch noise from phone

Anyone else have problems with phone emitting a random high pitched "frequency" sound from new Galaxy S10+?  I got the first phone replaced and now the 2nd phone is also doing it.  I have tried to turn off things that i thought could be causing the problem and even deleted some apps.  Still having this problem and the replacement phone i got yesterday is doing it more than the 1st phone i had (and only got last week).

21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Random High pitch noise from phone

@useri5f10eXLL3 can you describe the sound in more detail? Does it come from one or both of the speakers? Can other people hear this high frequency type sound? 

useri5f10eXLL3
Asteroid

It's totally random. Sounds like both speakers because we can hear in next room and my coworkers all heard today..sounds sort of like beginning of TV weather alert .  Uninstalled ton of apps but to no avail.  

@VerbumVeritum wrote:

@useri5f10eXLL3 can you describe the sound in more detail? Does it come from one or both of the speakers? Can other people hear this high frequency type sound? 

@VerbumVeritum wrote:

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Do you notice it after using a specific app? Is it intermittent or continuous?

useri5f10eXLL3
Asteroid

The sound is intermittent (or random).  I don't specifically notice it after using a particular app and i can't tell you if there is maybe a specific app that is running in the background.  The phone can be on my kitchen counter, on my desk or in my purse, so i am not actively using the phone when the sound occurs.  I have spent hours trying to figure out what is causing it and it is really frustrating.  

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

How often does it occur? Give this a try. It can show which apps are causing battery issues, viruses, malware or app crashes

Device Care > App issue history

useri5f10eXLL3
Asteroid

Tried that and it said all ok. 

Also, it has already happened 3 times this morning sitting at my desk.  I tried to see if i had apps running in the background that may be causing it, but the 3rd time there were no apps running.

user65GQFKktKA
Constellation

It's a very loud high pitched reverb sound.

Samsung Care Ambassador

If you boot in safe mode, does the sound occur?

useri5f10eXLL3
Asteroid

Can you give me instructions on how to boot in safe mode?  I'm sorry, i have already spent hours trying to figure this out and am literally exhausted trying everything i can think of.