cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Charrod1976
Galaxy

Random location access notifications

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ever since beta update I'll get a random notification about an app and it's location settings. It happens every few days and it's usually on an app I'm not currently using. Here's a screenshot...

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Raynseyr
Constellation

Re: Random location access notifications

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It is actually a new granular control feature that is good: once everyone, developers and users get a handle on it.

A headache for the non compliant android app developer...and an anoyance for the 'seasonal' beta target base for this One UI 2.0 beta program indeed.

It is actually one of many changes allowing for greater granularity of user control with respect to app behaviors. The notification as indicated in the screenshot posted: allows for the user to choose to always allow it i.e. track me in the background even when not in foreground use - OR ...

allows the user to select only while in foreground type tracking.... 

IF the notification for the same app is not recording your choice and respawning the same notification over and over after you have previously made a choice..then that app may need to be upgrade to follow the new controls. 

One should be able to chose an I don't care about privacy at all button and avoid all this - but that was the old way chosen for us... Android 10 begins to chip away at that methodology.

the link below give list of some changes: albeit for the developer also good base fodder for normal and avid android users..not so much seasonal beta target users though IMHO.... lol *disclaimer and apology   - double shifts and tired so spelling and grammar at risk etc..etc 

https://developer.android.com/about/versions/10/privacy

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Wizky
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's a feature for Android 10

Charrod1976
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What's the feature? To annoy us with random notifications? My location accuracy is already set up.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It might be so that the app can use your location to send/show you info/programming that is relevant to your area of the country/state in the app. Instead of general info.

Highlighted
Raynseyr
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It is actually a new granular control feature that is good: once everyone, developers and users get a handle on it.

A headache for the non compliant android app developer...and an anoyance for the 'seasonal' beta target base for this One UI 2.0 beta program indeed.

It is actually one of many changes allowing for greater granularity of user control with respect to app behaviors. The notification as indicated in the screenshot posted: allows for the user to choose to always allow it i.e. track me in the background even when not in foreground use - OR ...

allows the user to select only while in foreground type tracking.... 

IF the notification for the same app is not recording your choice and respawning the same notification over and over after you have previously made a choice..then that app may need to be upgrade to follow the new controls. 

One should be able to chose an I don't care about privacy at all button and avoid all this - but that was the old way chosen for us... Android 10 begins to chip away at that methodology.

the link below give list of some changes: albeit for the developer also good base fodder for normal and avid android users..not so much seasonal beta target users though IMHO.... lol *disclaimer and apology   - double shifts and tired so spelling and grammar at risk etc..etc 

https://developer.android.com/about/versions/10/privacy

View solution in original post