cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Random read receits for select contacts when feature disabled

Hoping someone out there can help. I received an update recently and everything seemed fine until today. Randomly my phone's text message app started posting delivery, read and preview typing for select contacts (those that also have an annoying dot I cannot remove). However this delivery/read, ect. feature is allegedly disabled. Please help. 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Random read receits for select contacts when feature disabled

Go int0o your app settings and turn off RCS messaging, it is a new messaging system to show when a friend has read your text or even replying to the text. 

Highlighted
Product Expert

Good Afternoon userwXOJLQWEtu

I apologize for the irritation this may be causing you with your device.  But you are correct with your software update you did receive a new feature which lets you know when other Samsung Galaxy users are on their device.  The blue dot indicates if they are using there device currently.  You are also receiving the read receipts and delivery reports because of the update as well.  I think these are great new features that have been added to the devices.

Highlighted
Product Expert

hey sorry to hear about that, i would recommend using google messages tbh its been working great fr me, even after updates i dont experience anything bad.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Yeah google good