cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Re: Mobile data and wifi issues - All Carriers

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I should also probably point out that Verizon is retiring their CDMA service as of January 1st. It will continue to work only for existing customers until they replace their phones. That leaves Sprint as the only CDMA carrier left because the technology is inferior and has already been abandoned by everyone else who previously used it.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

On AT&T, S10+, Android 10(& Android 9), WiFi affects MMS. Either it makes downloading MMS slow or stops. I have to turn off WiFi then manually download messages.

It's super annoying.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Greetings, 

This is still an ongoing issue! Samsung is refusing to see this as a problem. I spoke to senior managers higher ups and their response is "We have not heard of this issue". Thats their technical problem not adressing the situation. They're argument is or "policy" is to send the device to repair to Texas (atleast twice before getting a refund or new device) That is the whole problem with samsung why Apple is ahead. I do not like apples limitation thats why I haven't and wont switch but Samsung you guys are killing us this is a $1.000 device WORK WITH YOUR engineers to find a resolution.
Current workaround:

In your Dial pad type in *#2263# (for stock devices) ##3282# for carier devices. Go under LTE and Disable band 25 and 41 go Back save and apply. Test it out. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is great

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Mobile data and wifi issues - All Carriers

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am still having this issue after all these months - apps are not able to access the data connection after a period of use under an hour when there should be a strong signal and strong neighboring cells are available, and a restart immediately solves the problem. I see this most with Waze since it shows Searching Network when this happens. Behavior is consistent with radio 'sticking' to a band that is not working and refusing to jump to a new, strong working band that is clearly present as shown by utility apps. SM-G973U phone. AT&T does not allow suggested workaround of blocking certain bands it appears, reporting RAT features locked. Various updates and resets by AT&T and me have not eliminated this bizarre issue.

Anything new, besides incorrect assertions that this has been solved?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This just literally worked for me after over a month, 4 visits to ATT, one to UBreakit, and countless hours of tech support. I was trying a few things on my own and one of these things or a combination immediately reactivated my 4G LTE. It originated with me being curious if there was an issue with the bands.

#1, have them check your plan or check yourself if you can. My plan was listed as 4G LTE (No Visual Voicemail) I changed it online to the regular 4G LTE plan.

#2, Go do your phone keypad and enter this: *#197328640#   A screen should load immediately. Select BASIC INFO. look for dBm readings. if no signals, hit the menu at the top right and select BACK. When you reach the main menu, select WB AMR, select SETTING, UMTS ENABLE (*) and GSM DISABLE(*). Don't know if it matters, but I did it. Exit this menu via home button

#3 Go to your keypad again. Enter: *#2663# . At the top you should see a button that says TSP FW Update (General) select it and let the phone update. 

(NOTE: you may think you've already updated your phone to the latest version, but software is different from firmware (FW), and no one suggested this in any of my ATT or Samsung troubleshooting so it's worth a try.

I returned to my home screen, turned off WIFI to test, 4G LTE came up immediately.

I really truly hope this helps anyone with this ridiculously awful problem that no amount of tech support seems capable of working out. 

For any techies still troubleshooting, here's a link of those Samsung access codes to explore on your own http://www.samsungsfour.com/tutorials/all-secret-codes-of-samsung-galaxy-s10-galaxy-s10-and-s10e.htm...

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This just literally worked for me after over a month, 4 visits to ATT, one to UBreakit, and countless hours of tech support. I was trying a few things on my own and one of these things or a combination immediately reactivated my 4G LTE.

#1, have them check your plan or check yourself if you can. My plan was listed as 4G LTE (No Visual Voicemail) I changed it online to the regular LTE plan.

#2, Go do your phone keypad and enter this: *#197328640#   A screen should load immediately. Select BASIC INFO. look for dBm readings. if no signals, hit the menu at the top right and select BACK. When you reach the main menu, select WB AMR, select SETTING, UMTS ENABLE (*) and GSM DISABLE(*). Don't know if it matters, but I did it. Exit this menu via home button

#3 Go to your keypad again. Enter: *#2663# . At the top you should see a button that says TSP FW Update (General) select it and let the phone update. 

(NOTE: you may think you've already updated your phone to the latest version, but software is different from firmware (FW), and no one suggested this in any of my ATT or Samsung troubleshooting so it's worth a try.

I returned to my home screen, turned off WIFI to test, 4G LTE came up immediately.

I really truly hope this helps anyone with this ridiculously awful problem that no amount of tech support seems capable of working out. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here. I'm in verizon as well.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Step 2 didn't do anything for me at all..the numbers just stayed on screen. Even pressed dial to see if that would work and had a message invalid MMI or something.

Step 3 worked though, and updated the firmware, but not sure how a touch screen firmware would work to help data and wifi issues?

Im on O2 in the UK. I get 1-2mbps download speeds on mobile data, and 0.5-1mbps upload speeds. And wifi tends to be half what my pc and s5e tablet get.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had the same issues with my S10. Along with other issues such as calls not even ringing nor showing up in my call log and the only way I know I've gotten a call is if the person leaves a voicemail then I get a notification I have a voicemail and who it is from. That's only 1 of several other weird things the s10 has done / does do.  I have had my phone since Dec 2019 and have had to contact tech support at least 3 or 4 times and it still hasn't fixed the problems. I am almost tempted to go back to my S7 I never had issues with it like I do this new S10.  II know a lot has to do with my carrier(Sprint) and my location, however  I've had sprint for over 10 years and lived in the same place 10 years and have had several of the Samsung galaxy phones and none of them were ever an issue like this S10. I can't take it into the local sprint store because they are temporarily closed due to the virus but I'm going to request they exchange my phone for a new one and hope something works out better because it is really aggrivating paying for a service and phone upgrade that is pretty much useless to me