cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Savededa
Cosmic Ray

Re: Mobile data and wifi issues - All Carriers

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Let me start by saying I've escalated 3 tiers of tech support through sprint directly before I landed here. 

I have a s10+ and my wife has a s10. Our mobile data connection where we live isn't the best and rely heavily on wifi.

WiFi calling is somehow conflicting with sprints network. I drop calls anytime I use it as well as get a location timeout message from the wifi calling app. 

I also cannot send mms via wifi, only data which worked on my note 8 and s9. 

Calls drop often whether on wifi calling or mobile network. Sprint believes this to be a device issue. My daughter's LG tribute (free phone) can send mms via wifi and has zero issue with wifi calling. Multiple people on sprint community also experiencing same issues. 

I have updated prl as well as profile and refreshed network settings on my side as well on carrier. I'm seeing multiple reports of other s10s having similar problems.

Just bought 2 phones that pick and chose when they want to work for a whole lot of money. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung is aware that users are experiencing unexpected roaming, data loss, or voice issues on a Samsung Galaxy S10, S10+ or S10e. A software upgrade will be made available for your device in the near future that will help address your experience. When it is released, you can update directly on your device by opening Apps > Settings > System updates > Download and install. If you still experience an issue with your device after the update, let us know. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

868 REPLIES 868
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@ Savededa Thanks for reaching out. I believe this article here will assist you with your issue.

Savededa
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unfortunately it doesn't  my s10 has issues with mms and wifi calling whereas my daughters LG phone works perfectly all on the same network. I have an s10 and s10+ with these issues

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Savededa Have you reached out to your carrier and tried swapping out your sim card?

dorugiuchici
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I swapped out my SIM like the previous user said and it solved the issue.

Doru Giuchici Samsung Account Community Forums
user83A6WdK6GC
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem, I am not happy paying for this phone  and monthly service you can't use.

userCa6Q7gdviZ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I used to love Samsung phones, but now that I have the newest phone and the carrier nor Samsung is taking responsibility for not being able to connect to the network. I am very disappointed in this phone. Waste of time and money. I see why everyone has an iPhone. At least they fix the problem. No one can explain why my phone is not working with wifi or the network.

userdDVL4q2Kxc
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@ userCa6Q7gdvixxxxx - IPhone is not a better option not a bad one; and just to give you a bit refresh; Apple have had also issues with their Hardware in the past and present... so this comment making an iPhone.. or other phone brand to  look better here... (because of current Samsung issues), is pointless. As all cell phone Companies, they will workout the problem and will issue a fix, etc.

Thank you

userIEFSZF4TPx
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I live in San Diego and have been a previous owner of SEVERAL Samsung phones, the latest being the S-9+.  I got the S-10 + and had SEVERAL similair issues to include roaming on my home network.

I did everything that Savededa dis to include talking to support in the Phillipines of all places.  NOTHING could be done to include switiching out the SIM Card which did not work.  The phone would aloow me to make and receive calls when it wanted to.  I could not send text messages with or without photos unless the phone decided to some 8 hours later.

I returned the phone and re-activated my S-9+ and have had NO ISSUES with the phone.  I couldn't depend on the S-10+ for calling 911 or to stay in touch with my kids.  SAMSUNG has a hugh issue with this phone and it has nothing to do with this link you put up.

usertpM59CrkCc
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I’ve had the Galaxy s10+ since preorder. Camera works great and the screen is beautiful, but besides that ? I’ve had back to back to back issues starting from just trying to load my Samsung cloud backup information. The first couple weeks of having the phone I thought it was a sprint issue, but then I started being around WiFi again did test next to my stepdad and my mom both my phone and my step dads are terrible when on WiFi and cellular, and my moms is the only one without an issue. I would have calls drop on WiFi or cellular. Text messages would maybe send sometimes, couldn’t make any phone calls, if it did allow me to make a phone call it would cutout or drop the call. So I sent it in, and didn’t have it for 2 weeks, got it back it still had issues, so that same week I sent it back out again and another three weeks goes by so this last week of May they finally send me a brand new phone because the other one cannot be fixed, I start using it try to load my cloud backups and that fails same as the last one. Then I start doing WiFi test and that’s having basically the same result but like 5% better, I’m having the exact same issues, so now within my family 3/4 phones are not working properly. I’ve been using galaxy for years since the S2, and never had such a widespread issue.  I run a business, and cannot he having these issues, so I will likely be switching. Hope they fix this issue soon because I paid over 1k for my phone and SHOULD NOT be having these issues.