cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Mobile data and wifi issues - All Carriers

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes! I was having the same issues from day one! I pre-ordered thru Sprint and received my S10+ on 3/6...from the moment I did the smart switch from my S7 Edge the connection became almost non existant. I'm in the Bay Area of California, and I know reading on Reddit's forum, alot of other users were having the same issue. Well, thanks to this guy who figured out how to get around the connection problem. It's obviosly a bandwith issue with the towers. Users in Indiana, New York, Californa and New Mexico are also expeirencing this same data connetion problem. Here are his instructions. It took me 2 minutes to do this and my phone has been working like a champ! I can finally enjoy my 10+! Hope this works for you until Sprint and Samsung send a new update. Good Luck! 

Found a way to disable Band 41. Enter Data Programming Mode: ##3282# Edit -> Enter MSL: 000000 -> OK -> LTE -> Band41 Enabled -> Deselect -> Reboot. So far seems to fix the issue, given the intermittent nature of problem, will report back with further testing.

For the past four hours of testing the fix looks good. Compare to lost connection every 3 mins previously I would say the fix works for me. Disabling the Band 41 until Sprint/Samsung pushes the proper fix. My guess is that the code for switching band is messed up. When Band 25 has a much stronger signal and higher priority than 41, it obviously should not switch to Band 41 for no good reason.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'll have to give that a shot and hope I don't mess it up along the way. Thanks!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I dealt with this for nearly 2 weeks (got mine on the 6th). Swapped SIM cards, reactivated phone, updated PRL and profile, disabled band 41, everything. Exchanged my phone today, works fine.

So, here's what I found out. This seemingly only affected preorder phones AND more so if you could not activate your phone without calling it in. Mine would not activate by itself out of the box, it prompted me to call to activate it.

Call your carriers, insist on an exchange.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userzg3ogUNalu wrote:

I dealt with this for nearly 2 weeks (got mine on the 6th). Swapped SIM cards, reactivated phone, updated PRL and profile, disabled band 41, everything. Exchanged my phone today, works fine.

So, here's what I found out. This seemingly only affected preorder phones AND more so if you could not activate your phone without calling it in. Mine would not activate by itself out of the box, it prompted me to call to activate it.

Call your carriers, insist on an exchange.

I actually went to sprint yesterday and told them about my situation. One of the Samsung certified repair techs at that location said swapping my phone may not fix it. I told them I wanted to swap it just in case it would fix it and that I was still in my 14 day exchange period. 

Needless to say, it did not fix it. During my 40 minute drive home, I didn't lose connection, but today, I lost mobile connection a handful of times. So swapping didn't fix it for me, but it didn't happen as often, I think. Let's hope Samsung/Sprint rolls out an update soon. I really want this phone to work! It was great for exactly 7 days, then fell on its face. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same issue but when I took my phone to the sprint store I found out that if you pre-ordered the phones it didn't come with the network card (Sim card) and if you are using the network card from your previous device you will have these issues. So they swooped out my S10+ and they put in the correct network card because I was using the one from my S8+ and every since then I have not had anymore issues. I was told of your using the old network card you will have these issues and they are unsure to why the pre-ordered phones didn't come with the network card.

I then told them that they are going to have a lot of customer complaints due to this foolishness.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That's weird.  I have a pre-order and the SIM card came with it. I've never heard of a carrier locked phone not coming with a SIM card locked to their network. What are you supposed to do for a SIM card if it didn't come with the phone? Is this a new thing?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issue but I dont have sprint. it's the phone itself I believe. I have been turning on and off airplane mode and that seems to work

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes! Exact same issues, except I only had good service for maybe 3 days. Nothing I do or update on my phone makes the service any better. My phone is also UNLOCKED and connected to Sprints Network, and it's the worst service I've ever had with them. My dang wifi doesn't even take over half the time when I'm at home, just to download a picture message. To top it off, texting on this thing blows! S10+ user

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm With Verizon and so far, no issues at all, I also have pre-ordered, it's really fast, good battery life and in general works fantastic...

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Resetting your connection settings might work as well. Just search for reset on the settings menu and you will be looking for RESET NETWORK SETTINGS and you will be good. I have not had this problem but thats how I fix WIFI issues