cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mathew
Cosmic Ray

Re: Mobile data and wifi issues - All Carriers

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Refine what I said below Wifi calling isn't needed nor does it work with Samsung phones if you use voice over LTE you should see an improvement if VOLTE is eligible in your area

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Savededa @luvlyt  Sprint  WiFi-Calling is expected to be unstable since their VoLTE is only active on select market. Was your VoLTE active on sprint on the location you are having issue with? WiFi-Calling will drop calls if the router or internet you are connected to  deprioritized VoIP and wifi calling will drop if there is no VoLTE to transfer call to when wifi signal is weak. 

for MMS over wifi. Do you mind downloading Android "Messages" app and try to use that one for the mean time and see if the issue still exist? Android messages is a stock android messages that works on sprint 100% i believe. After that go to advance settings and see if "chat" feature is present and active.

Savededa
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Recently I've fixed the mms issue via prl and profile update. Obviously cannot send mms over wifi to an iPhone.

VoLTE is switched on but not active in my house because the wifi calling is active. I have switch to mobile data off. Router signal has no weak spots throughout my home. I just get that location message constantly when cellular signal gets low. I never ever had this issue with any other galaxy device I've owned. 

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Savededa you need to switch that mobile data on.

Savededa
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mobile data is on. I can send mms over wifi to other Android users with Rich chat on... But I cannot send mms to iPhone users while on wifi. 

luvlyt
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for sharing @RedDragon ... I'll try that... turned on VOLTE ... see how it goes today.  My other big issue is this LOCATION TIMEOUT ... happens after every text message and some apps.   I have LOCATION ... turned on... not dur what more to do.   I've reset Network couple times, restarted phone several times.  Never had these issues with s8+.  A little frustrating to say the least, but I'm sure we'll get there  .... again thank you!

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@luvlyt i never heard of location timeout but you can try to go to location settings, scroll down and tap google location accuracy and turn that on now that mode will drain your battery you need to turn that off if it works solve the location timeout.

luvlyt
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you @RedDragon ..... the Google location is on ... I still receive it.  Im about ready to trade in for another phone.   My phone is Sprint, no updates,  no patches ...... Verizon has an update out for fixes.  Just truly frustrating!! Thank you for your help.   Can't send MMS messages either ... just a lot of issues for a VERY expensive phone.

luvlyt
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My daughter just tried to send mr. MMS (pic) ... won't download,  won't open.  Ugh!

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@luvlyt was the picture taken from Galaxy S10 you tried to send as MMS?