JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Re: Mobile data and wifi issues - All Carriers

(Topic created on: 3/19/19 9:51 AM)
Savededa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S10

Let me start by saying I've escalated 3 tiers of tech support through sprint directly before I landed here. 

I have a s10+ and my wife has a s10. Our mobile data connection where we live isn't the best and rely heavily on wifi.

WiFi calling is somehow conflicting with sprints network. I drop calls anytime I use it as well as get a location timeout message from the wifi calling app. 

I also cannot send mms via wifi, only data which worked on my note 8 and s9. 

Calls drop often whether on wifi calling or mobile network. Sprint believes this to be a device issue. My daughter's LG tribute (free phone) can send mms via wifi and has zero issue with wifi calling. Multiple people on sprint community also experiencing same issues. 

I have updated prl as well as profile and refreshed network settings on my side as well on carrier. I'm seeing multiple reports of other s10s having similar problems.

Just bought 2 phones that pick and chose when they want to work for a whole lot of money. 

902 Replies
user7OA2UKFKsv
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S10

Having same issue with Sprint

0 Likes
m35ius10
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S10

Mine started Friday night and never established proper connection since.

0 Likes
SamsungLarryK
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S10

I recommend reaching out to your carrier regarding this.

0 Likes
userF0AlHwy6R8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S10

I know people have experience this issue with Sprint's network   I have T-mobile  and I'm having the  same issue. I can't hold a  network connection. I can't make or receive calls or text. This is  extremely  frustrating !

SamsungJace
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S10

I would recommend reaching out to your carrier directly regarding this.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userF0AlHwy6R8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S10

Hello, I have talked to various customer service reps and visited 2 of my carrier stores and all the solutions they have offered requires me to pay additional money for a new device. This shouldn't be happening, sole purpose of a phone is to be able to make and receive calls and/or texts, to be able to communicate and this phone is doing neither.

0 Likes
user6DTLe8bUAM
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S10

I have the s10+ and for the last 3 days I have the same problem. Cant make or receive calls or texts or access internet. Basically it wont connect to the mobile network anymore. Since its within the 15 day return period I initiated a return and ordered a new one. These are defective units and no amount of troubleshooting has been able to fix it.

0 Likes
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S10

Hello @user6DTLe8bUAM, I certainly understand the frustration. I recommend reaching out to your current service provider to further assist you with your concerns.

0 Likes
user6DTLe8bUAM
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S10

I have done this and we have gone through extensive troubleshooting, resetting the network settings, factory reset of the phone, exchanging the sim card, and multiple other advanced troubleshooting steps. I have had 2 instore reps and 1 phone reb from tmobile, as well as 2 samsung reps, tell me the phone is defective.

cms623
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S10

I've had the exact same experience, and was told the same. Then was told my device would have to be replaced, but was on backorder, so I would have to wait at least a week till samsung sends more phones to t-mobile. Been forced to use my sons old phone since I sent my s8+ back as part of my upgrade.

0 Likes