cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kimmelchemy
Asteroid

Re: Mobile data and wifi issues - All Carriers

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Husband took my phone into a different Sprint store today. First said they couldn't give me a new device because they didn't have any S10+ phones at location. My husband asked rep if he could check other sprint stores in the area to get a different device, then the rep asked what location I got the phone from, preordered online through sprint. Rep said "Oh, you won't be able to change out for a new phone at any sprint stores because you ordered online. You'll have to call Sprint tech support and convince them to send you one." What in the world? 

Samsung_duRtBBo
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same exact issue. Preordered the s10+ with sprint. First week was great than all the sudden it went down hill. Never have service can't send texts & always in roam. I've tried everything

userAnsDiRjrY3
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sprint is a horrible company and that is why you're having issues!

luvlyt
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Here is FIXIT for my s10+ .... Thank you Romeo and Logan at sprint store - escondido.   Thank you @RedDragon got all your help.   Please leave comment if this works for you.   

What I was told ... the New s10+ is such a state of the art phone, that the capabilities haven't hurt "caught up"...

Here you go

Go to:

SETTINGS

CONNECTIONS

MOBILE NETWORK

NETWORK MODE

(Probably already on automatic)

CLICK ON -->

LTE/CDMA

solved my problems.  TRY IT!

"AUTOMATIC" means it is searching for 5G ... which is not available yet. 

YAY. .My phone works!!  Let me know if it works for you!!

👍🤗😉😊

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks, but what issue is this fix for?

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
Highlighted
luvlyt
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Geno71 , @RedDragon The mms texting,  roaming, network issues. 

The tech said until 5G is available,  and probably because it is Sprint,  this has been the "cure" for those that have returned to the site/ store   Samsung says it is a SIM CARD issue ... it works... my phone is working LOL... perfectly and i can send mms!  I don't understand the techie ... definitely agree @RedDragon this is issue between the two, Sprint and Samsung.   And a patch is being developed as well, mostly PRE ORDER phones are affected. 

I'm away from home...LOL and i can use my phone Smiley Wink

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@luvlyt the S10 line do not support 5G millimeter wave antennas at all, it will not search for 5G but there is a version called S10 5G That is exclusive to Verizon only for now and that has 5G antennas and i believe it will release on april 13th.

═════════════════════════════════════
If you post new question please specify your Phone model and Carrier.
If you like my comment please hit ♥
if I answer your question please hit the 'accept as solution' button
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@luvlyt S10 do not have 5G millimeter wave antennas it will not search for 5G. Only the "S10 5G" is capable of 5G millimeter wave antennas. Automatic means it will search for GSM/UMTS/HSPA/CDMA antennas that probably sprint is not supporting.. Verizon, on the other hand, set the network mode in "Global" mode meaning it is using GSM most of the time. Like I said Sprint is still using the backbone CDMA that needs CDMA antenna ON at all times which needs to be LTE/CDMA mode I pressumed.. 

But that must be a rollercoaster journey for you to find the light {^_^}

luvlyt
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok.... @RedDragon 

Didn't work when i got home Smiley Sad ... went to another sprint store... they put a new SIM CARD in... to no avail.   Back to the issue ... SIM CARD reads:

Location keeps timing out and cannot send MMS messages. 

NETWORK: SPRINT

MOBILE NETWORK STATE - Disconnected

SERVICE STATE: In Service

SIGNAL STRENGTH - 113dBm 0asu

MOBILE VOICE NETWORK TYPE:

CDMA - 1xRTT

MOBILE DATA NETWORK TYPE-

IWLAN

ROAMING - NOT ROAMING

at this point. I am ready to get different phone.   Samsung only offered to RETURN PHONE (traded in my old s8+.. perfect condition)... Sprint has tried everything,  changing out SIM cards...VERY FRUSTRATING!!

Mainly happening to PRE ORDER phones.   Something IN the phone has been ticked ... to not read cell tower ... I live near CSUSM... like 3 cell towers on campus.  Have never had issue with connection.  ..... so disappointing!Smiley Sad

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@luvlyt hmmm this issue seems challanging to me if you still have the phone try to turn off VoLTE and turn off wifi calling. Did you set the APN setting correctly? and is your signal says LTE or 1X? i will try and talk to my friend who has sprint using S10 tomorrow and i let you know.

Just a heads up Sprint is updating their network for VoLTE so their towers may not be working properly differs from place to place so I think you should turn off VoLTE/wifi-calling  for now.