cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
luvlyt
Halo

Re: Mobile data and wifi issues - All Carriers

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there @RedDragon ...i finally called Sprint tech people (800 number)... after 2 hours, 2 tech's ... they had me go thru the phone in the DEBUG file ... she checked all my readings /settings ... they have elevated to the "cell tower" department.   

Honestly,  I think it's something Samsung ticked in those first preorders phones.    Between Samsung and Sprint, I have 6 "tickets" for repairs,  communication, etc..  I continued to get emails from Samsung for a week AFTER i activated AT THE SPRINT STORE,  to log in and ACTIVATE my phone on Samsung.   It would not let me.   There is something between the 2 entities that is compromising the other,  obviously, and I just bet if they would just COMMUNICATE between departments,  it could be easily solved.   I have a new SIM card, made no difference,  i changed the band lines (41 and 25)  did nothing ... it worked/ works just fine at the SPRINT REPAIR CENTER.   I HAVE BEEN TO 2 Sprint Stores for a total of 5 times,  I have spent no less than 4 hours on the phone - testing,  cliking, checking every known possibility of this issue ... not to mention my time here!

I have initiated a RETURN to Samsung being I was in that 15 day return time frame ...I have until April 5 to return this one ... which if i get it working,  I'll keep it,  if not,  I'll send it it back.   This has been very frustrating as I'm sure so many are feeling.  There won't be a solution UNTIL such time that BOTH parties COMMUNICATE what the issues could be!!! .........to be continued Smiley Wink

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@luvlyt i highly doubt this is a samsung issue since this issue is isolated to a specific network it doesnt happen to all network. This has to do with sprint. Dont try to change any settings under sevice mode or internal system this will corrupt the system and can brick the firmware and you gonna have to reflash the firmware unless sprint tech told you to do so.. sprint store are not train for network settings they are only on sales and basic setup the 1-800 is trained for that.

I will try to contact my friend who use same phone as me unlocked version on sprint we received the device on the day of the launch day feb 20th  in fact we were there at the unpacked event in front of the stage. So technically we consider preorder phones. I'll update this forum if i get some info.

═════════════════════════════════════
If you post new question please specify your Phone model and Carrier.
If you like my comment please hit ♥
if I answer your question please hit the 'accept as solution' button
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@luvlyt So I have talked to my friend who has Sprint and Unlocked Galaxy S10+ G975U1 version. She doesn't have major issues that you guys mentioned on this forum we are both able to send MMS and SMS fine without any issues she also said call is pretty much the same as before no major changes and she sent me her mobile network settings and APN settings. I asked multiple times what was your APN I do not know anyone share their APN.. APN is very important for MMS to route your message to the network to the right place. I will show you all the screenshot that i think is necessary. SO this means the issue is maybe in your account or your local sprint network that is having tower inssues and some sort. If you are still having issues after these  settings I think you might have some device defect or network issues.

Resized_Screenshot_20190323-151351_Wi-Fi%20Calling.jpgResized_Screenshot_20190323-150755_Phone.jpgResized_Screenshot_20190323-150831_Settings.jpg

Highlighted
luvlyt
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@RedDragon ... that is what my APN setting was on ... at Sprint store ...  I am unable to click any of them.

Sprint called after I was on phone for 2 hours / 2 technicians yesterday to inform me that Samsung is releasing an update / patch on March 27, 2019.  The issue began in the release of the March 8, 2019 update.

I have initiated a return inked this issue is solved with new update.   That's still 3 more days of issues.   I told them they needed to send a PRESS RELEASE,  she said she would pass it on!  

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@luvlyt There is a security patch for March it has been released in other countries and not yet in the USA it is about 500MB  but I do not think the update will include Network improvements I hope it will. My friend isn't really having issues like you guys have so this means it is affecting some devices only not all so maybe a defect or some sort.

626DenaGURL
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It still doesn't work for me Smiley Sad. I have Sprint Smiley Sad

Mister_M
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Galaxy S10+

Text messages are taking a long time to go thru. Also, phone doesn't connect to LTE network, connects to 3G. Anyone else having the same problems? Phone service is with Sprint.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Mister_M Have you tried clearing the cache partition?

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Try resetting your network on your phone

Mister_M
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I reset network and cleared cache. Still nothing.