cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userN8hUqJkGqg
Constellation

Re: Mobile data and wifi issues - All Carriers

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I went to sprint store today and they surprisedly replaced my phone. Looks like they got an update from their higher ups to replace the devices which have call drop issues. They checked few things on my order and gave a brand new S10+ device. I was out of 14-day return period and they said they are doing it even for out of 14-day. They got notified apparently only yesterday. I got the new device and it seems to be working perfectly fine in all the locations where old one was not working at all in terms of both call drops and LTE. They specifically mentioned me not to install ATC8 update even if phone prompts as they suspect that the update is screwing up with devices even more. It started prompting me to install this update for now and I am going to stay away from it unless there is another version of the update. Fingers crossed and so far the new device seems to be working absolutely fine! 

Vido
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userN8hUqJkGqg what is the ATC8 update? Will unlocked phones get it too?

Txparamedic
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My phone stopped connecting to mobile data alltogether today. Wifi is on/off/on/off...I do not think it was a sprint issue as my daughters S7 and iphone sitting at the same table work just fine. I have had a few texts go through but as the day progresses fewer and fewer are working. The phone is basically useless to me as I don't really call much on it, I text and use mobile data. I think I want my cracked screen LG back. At least it would connect. The S10 shows nearly full bars so it is in the service area. It states No internet connection and the little circle spins and spins. I took it to the Sprint store and they were clueless. They did a network reset which did nothing. I think it is the phone and not the network. The other phones on this account are working fine. 

Savededa
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is exactly what's happening to me... But Samsung doesn't want to admit fault yet. It's amazing!. 

They can come out with foldable phones etc

But can't admit a mistake? I mean cmon  I owned the note 7 and remember how long it took for that to blow up into something (pun intended). 

FIX THIS asap. Stop jerking your customers around! 

userMIpixjgE3U
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issue as well. I purchased two s10+ from sprint, one of them is having issues with everything associated with the network and the other is having problems staying connected to wifi.  I have an s9 on the same network and has a solid connection.  I've called sprint and I was told I would get a call today regarding the phones.  

userzl1hHTCMXZ
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm also on Sprint, not for long as I'll be paying off my device and then going with either Google FI or T-Mobile heck even mint mobile would be fine.  I just got off the phone with samsung and it was made clear, if the phone ever had a data connection and it stopped working but you were able to get it back by changing some settings than it's not a hardware issue but a carrier network issue.

Sprint was not ready for the S10/10+ phones.

Highlighted
Savededa
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Still retorts of multiple carriers having this lte issue and it seems Samsung had become silent on the issue.

Now THAT is customer service at its finest.

No updates, no apologies, dare I say no FS given.

Rooster13
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung keeps telling me to take my phone to UBreakIFix.  While that sounds like a nice afternoon activity, I don't have time for that.  My phone is unlocked so it's up to Samsung to send out the ASC8 build.   Hopefully sometime soon is a terrible answer.  Anyone else having a similiar experience?  Any trips to UBreakIFix and what was the outcome?

LANcort
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have called UBREAKIFIX and they told me that in past 48 hours they had 6 people come in with same issues. 2 were using unlocked version and 4 were using T-Mobile version, and that they can't do anything and recommend replacing the phone but that doesn't appear to resolve the issue. It is just an extra step to waste our time since no one wants to address this issue.

LANcort
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same identical issue I am in Chicagoland area. I just yesterday got a Verizon SIM card so now I have 2 accounts one T-Mobile and one Verizon with identical issues. Funny part is that when i am moving such as driving on the highway internet connection is perfect but as soon as I'm stationary I lose it all. For my phone March 6th, issue didnt start till March 24th. T-Mobile blaming Samsung, Samsung blaming T-Mobile and now Verizon blaming unlocked phone.

Any fixes suggested to network issues about Sprint issues did not help on T-Mobile and Verizon, including bands. I have attempted all troubleshooting steps including Factory Reset.

This is Samsung's issue that should be solved with software not refurbished phones with the warranty especially considering people have replaced their phones and have same issue.

I have called UBREAKIFIX and they told me that in past 48 hours they had 6 people come in with same issues. 2 were using unlocked version and 4 were using T-Mobile version, and that they can't do anything and recommend replacing the phone but that doesn't appear to resolve the issue. It is just an extra step to waste our time since no one wants to address this issue.