cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userbV6YkxtkyX
Asteroid

Re: Mobile data and wi-fi issues - Sprint

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I submitted a tip to one of the local news stations in my area (Boston). I'm hoping it will gain some traction in the news because that seems to be the only way Samsung will issue a statement or address our situation 

userHOyqDI3cQT
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This has been beyond frustrating. I been with sprint for 10yrs, their service is not the greatest; but it has never been this bad. My phone was working fine UNTIL I had downloaded that March update on the 26th. Now basically my phone is a brick unless I'm on wifi. Did the disable bands, update prl n profile still didn't fix the LTE signal. Went to sprint Monday had them swap out my sim card, still didn't do nothing. I wish Samsung would actually acknowledge the situation and admit that they sold all of us defective hardware.. Because at 1st I thought it was just sprint, but now I'm starting to see Verizon, tmobile, n at&t on different threads complaining about the same issues so it's not jus a network issue. Ifixit stores is not going to fix the issue, neither is wasting time on the phone talking to reps who just going to replace your phone with another refurbished defective antenna unit. I wish these phone companies would at least give us a whole March bill credit cause this is ridiculous. I have a $1000 brick waiting for a magical update.

userdOEsczZTE7
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Unlocked S10+ on TMobile. Same story in that network issues started about two weeks ago. Despite full LTE bars, I cannot surf the web, dropped phone calls etx, unless I'm on wifi.

Samsung says I can return my phone for a refund, but I have to return my earbuds as well. They will give me a $130 e-cert for the earbuds and say they will have more in stock in two weeks. I mean, what are they going to do with my used ear buds... yuck!

Also, they rejected my trade in saying it would not turn on. I told them to plug it in first, but they said it was still non functional. I just received the trade in back today (S8) and of course, it works perfectly as soon as I plugged it in.

So, I'm told that I must send my phone back + the earbuds, and my Samsung Finance account will be credited with $699. Once that happens, I have to call again and request the $300 credit for the rejected trade in. Expect a full refund in 3-4 weeks. Of course,  I'm expected to buy another $1000 phone replacement if I want another S10+.

Even the Samsung sales guy admitted that their customer service is atrocious!

So in the end, I'll go back to my perfectly functional S8 and see how this all plays out before deciding what to buy next. However, you can be sure I will never order direct from Samsung again. At least at Best Buy, you can walk in and exchange.

userUEj5BgD4mG
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Where are all the responses of all the so called Samsung ambassadors on this thing?  Havent heard a peep from them???

Rooster13
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Samsung does not care about this situation. If they cared to keep us as customers, we'd have heard something besides " hang in there" or "send your phone to us." @SamsungCole @SamsungZell @SamsungQue
userUEj5BgD4mG
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Someone has got to get it on national television.  Any ideas? 

Highlighted
LANcort
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Per my privous posts, I am a holder of 2 simcards right now Verizon and T-Mobile. Had the phone since March 6th, and the issue started March 24th. This Tuesday, April 2nd, my phone started to work again without any software updates on T-Mobile simcard while Verizon simcard is still having the same issue. Spoke with T-Mobile rep regarding my ticket today and was told that nothing on their end was done. They are all aware of this issue on the engineering side and a trying to do a hush hush fix and avoid tracktion of this issue. They wanted to close my ticket which I declined until they acknowledge the issue and provide feedback via official communication so others such as Verizon can address this. Feel free to look at my previous posts for more details which are in this thread.

Totally a network/software issue that needs to be vocally addressed by someone instead of us having to sit here without phones while still paying our bills to network providers. We are not alone, this thread has 43 pages already come on Samsung.

luvlyt
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My sprint store swapped mine out ... new one works fine!!  Try that ... they don't want bad press... good luck!  Once you have a phone that... works... it's awemazing!!😉

Ittybittyfda
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For all whovare having signal problems.... Here is what worked for me... Turn off wifi, From your dial pad press ##72786# your phone will reboot and re activate with sprint towers.... If it doesn't re_activate try again... Once mine re-activated the phone works again..

user4OUXegMqpr
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue on Sprint. Asurion is sending me a new S10+, but I will be quite surprised if it solves the problem. 

I tried PRL updates, Profile Updates (both in settings and ##UPDATE#) as well as ##72786# to reactivate on the network. 

I think it's interesting that I see multiple people reporting that the issue began around March 24th. The same was true for me. 

This also seems to be causing a significant reduction in my battery life. 

Really unfortunate. A lovely phone...except for the phone part.