Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userMIpixjgE3U
Asteroid

Re: Mobile data and wi-fi issues - Sprint

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I was told it was a told I have to wait it out for Samsung to come out with an update.  Which seems like that'll be never since, they can't take ownership of this issue to begin with.  Was totally looking forward to owning this phone.  So far it's been a nightmare.

userMIpixjgE3U
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userMIpixjgE3U wrote:

So I was told it was a told I have to wait it out for Samsung to come out with an update.  Which seems like that'll be never since, they can't take ownership of this issue to begin with.  Was totally looking forward to owning this phone.  So far it's been a nightmare.

Was just told the problem was fixed and that'll I'll need to exchange my phone at the corporate location.  

userUEj5BgD4mG
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If the problem was fixed why would you have to replace at a corporation location? 

Show496
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userMIpixjgE3U wrote:

@userMIpixjgE3U wrote:

Was just told the problem was fixed and that'll I'll need to exchange my phone at the corporate location.  

I was told the same thing, that I should go to a corporate store, they are replacing the affected devices which are from the “first batch or preorders”. I get to the corporate store & the “repair team” keeps my phone in the back for an hour, then says it’s fixed. I try to make a call which fails & they say there’s nothing they can do since I bought it at Best Buy. I go to Best Buy and they say “you’re past the return window, after that it’s up to Samsung. Contact them.” I contact Samsung and they say, contact your service provider (sprint). I go to sprint, they send me back to Best Buy, back to sprint.....repeat cycle for a week

LANcort
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What do you mean by corporate store?

My phone was a pre-order phone, and they are trying to force me to ship mine to Texas and wait for 2 weeks.

luvlyt
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That's where i went ... call your local sprint  store ... they,  I'm sure, are aware of the situation... explain and ask them to swap out.   Shouldn't be a problem.   I bought mine pre order as well, i had to pay when he reordered,  he got it next day from Samsung,  he credited the $$ back when we did exchange.   I have 1TB  which most stores don't stock.. So it took 3 days total.  .... main thing, I have a perfect working phone and i am NOT downloading any updates.  Hope this helps ... any sprint store should be able to do ... funny thing,  he said his Samsung rep., who comes in every week, he hasn't seen in 3 weeks, since this whole debacle with these s10's!! hmmmm interesting!

userMIpixjgE3U
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@LANcort wrote:

What do you mean by corporate store?

My phone was a pre-order phone, and they are trying to force me to ship mine to Texas and wait for 2 weeks.

They are sprint corporate stores
have the ability to not only sell phones but also do repairs, just call and ask for the nearest one.  Make sure to open a ticket once you get there.

userMIpixjgE3U
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Show496 wrote:

@userMIpixjgE3U wrote:

@userMIpixjgE3U wrote:

I was told the same thing, that I should go to a corporate store, they are replacing the affected devices which are from the “first batch or preorders”. I get to the corporate store & the “repair team” keeps my phone in the back for an hour, then says it’s fixed. I try to make a call which fails & they say there’s nothing they can do since I bought it at Best Buy. I go to Best Buy and they say “you’re past the return window, after that it’s up to Samsung. Contact them.” I contact Samsung and they say, contact your service provider (sprint). I go to sprint, they send me back to Best Buy, back to sprint.....repeat cycle for a week

Did you create a ticket at the Sprint location?  When I went to the Sprint store one person said I had to wait it out and another said I was able to at least create a ticket regarding the issues I was having.  My point is one person knew how to handle it and the other did.  After creating a ticket with Sprint they were told from their overseers whoever that might be to replace it.  So maybe call the store ahead of time, and ask if you can at least create a ticket regarding all the issues you are having.  Let them know you already have gone, they tried repairing the phone but nothing was fixed.  

userAniRvIxhhn
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I owned a Galaxy S6 and I had wi-fi issues after the nougat system update. Samsung and Google would not help or take any responsibility. So I bought a Galaxy S9+ through T-Mobile and they used the Smart Switch app to transfer everything from the S6 to the S9+ and the wi-fi issue migrated to the new S9+. No one could fix the issue nor take responsibility, so I went to T- Mobile and demanded the phone get replaced and T-Mobile homered the warranty and replaced the phone(S9+). When I received my new S9+ I did not use Smart Switch to transfer all of my information (contacts and all other info) to my S9+ and my new S9+ has "NO" issues at all.

To everyone who has issues and their phone is under warranty. Take the phone back to the store wherever you bought it and demand a replacement and do not take no for an answer, be firm but polite! Transfer all your contacts yourself but do not use Smart Switch to do the transfer! Transer all your information the same way and if you have the exact same problem as described in the above message, then I would suggest you firmly request a refund as the operating system may have gotten corrupted from the factory where it was assembled. You will be told this is impossible, but believe me, it happens because everyone is in a big rush to get the latest greatest operating system and phone to the consumer. All Respectable and Honorable companies that sell products to the public that are under warranty will either fix the issue or refund your money. The S-10 was just released this year and is under a manufacturer 's warranty. You can contact your state's attorney general's office to locate who you complain to when a seller or manufacturer does not honor a warranty. Some States have a consumer complaints office that will advise you of your rights or assist you with getting a seller or manufacturer to honor their warranty. Please be polite but firm with everyone you talk to for help and you will get good results. You can use social media or your local TV station to alert people about the problem you are having and this can also get great results. Sellers and Manufacturers do not want bad public relations. Do not to forget to contact your better business bureau or similar agency.

Savededa
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That's a good theory and all but I never used smart switch and I've had problems since the phones release.