cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rooster13
Cosmic Ray

Re: Mobile data and wi-fi issues - Sprint

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, that "solution" has been out for a while.  Unfortunately, no one will process an exchange.  Sprint says wait for another update, Best Buy says it's past 14 days, Sammy says mail your phone in. 

@SamsungAdam 

userYljnkuYlEB
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

but sprint claim is permantly voice/data loss if it been update, so the new udpate will fix the issue? that we suppose to wait for?

usera9eJ56r3w1
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
It's a hardware issue sent mine in they replaced the mother board
user4LLS22vaYV
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is a known issue,  and nothing do with data saver or whatever.  Google it.  I've been through tech support hades for 3 days,  then at a sprint store the manager told me there's nothing they can do until Samsung releases an update.  He suggested trying to disable band 41. "Enter Data Programming Mode: ##3282# Edit -> Enter MSL: 000000 -> OK -> LTE -> Band41 Enabled -> Deselect -> Reboot" but he would not do it himself for liability reasons.  Pure bs

Rooster13
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

MODS - We're almost at 50 pages on this issue.  Any new advice on how to get our $1,000 flagship paperweights to work as phones?  Current unreasonable solutions are: 1) just wait longer for somone to send out a reliable update, or 2) mail in your 1 month old flagship paperweight to a repair center and be without access to a phone for atleast 2 weeks. 

@SamsungCole 

@SamsungZell 

@SamsungQue 

@SamsungAdam 

userIliQt4VhQO
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I wanted to screen shot the whole convo but I exited out on accident and couldn't return so I apologize in advance but this was my convo with Samsung Screenshot_20190408-142611_Samsung Internet.jpg

more down on the convo i asked him if this new update will clear up all the LTE issues and the switching band issues and he confirmed that yes it should clear all that up... i still dont believe anything tho at this point im just so lost 

Forrest_Rose
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having different mms issues. I live in a rural area. I have no service at my house essentially. My fiance and I heavily rely on MMS over wifi/wifi calling. This was not an issue on my S5 nor on our S8 phones.

Now with the S10, we cannot send or receive mms over wifi. I have read as much as my brain can consume online and talked with sprint for hours. No luck.

I message Samsung and they tell me that mms cannot be sent over wifi on any Samsung device.  I tell rep, I have been able to in the past. That he is incorrect. I ask to be escalated and he refuses. Telling me that he has provided me with all the information available. 

I think I may finally leave the Samsung line. Really unhappy about these issues and the responses or lack of...

userYljnkuYlEB
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

got send to fix it store so we will see, i sure they break it apart and make my phone not brand new paperweight anymore, i so regret leaving apple for this

Highlighted
Rooster13
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just finished with another call with level 2 Sprint tech support.  They again acknowledged that it's a known issue.  He was nice enough to not waste my time by asking me to update my PRL etc.  Said he'd have an engineer call me back.  I asked what the possible solutions would be.  He said that they would either find a way to push a software update or get me a new phone.  I'm not sure how that would work since I bought it unlocked.  Zero chance I'd accept a sprint locked version at this point.  Interesting, my wife has an unlocked S10+ also.  Her pre-ordered white version was not available until the 30th.  She claims to not have any issues. 

I asked the tech for a bill credit since I'm paying for mobile service that doesn't work.  They agreed to apply a $25 credit on my next bill. 

usera9eJ56r3w1
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

its pretty much confirmed right noe the preorder batch has hardware bugs so Im just going to bite the bullet and send my phone in as what customer support said to me.