cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Mobile data and wi-fi issues - Sprint

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having different mms issues. I live in a rural area. I have no service at my house essentially. My fiance and I heavily rely on MMS over wifi/wifi calling. This was not an issue on my S5 nor on our S8 phones.

Now with the S10, we cannot send or receive mms over wifi. I have read as much as my brain can consume online and talked with sprint for hours. No luck.

I message Samsung and they tell me that mms cannot be sent over wifi on any Samsung device.  I tell rep, I have been able to in the past. That he is incorrect. I ask to be escalated and he refuses. Telling me that he has provided me with all the information available. 

I think I may finally leave the Samsung line. Really unhappy about these issues and the responses or lack of...

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

got send to fix it store so we will see, i sure they break it apart and make my phone not brand new paperweight anymore, i so regret leaving apple for this

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just finished with another call with level 2 Sprint tech support.  They again acknowledged that it's a known issue.  He was nice enough to not waste my time by asking me to update my PRL etc.  Said he'd have an engineer call me back.  I asked what the possible solutions would be.  He said that they would either find a way to push a software update or get me a new phone.  I'm not sure how that would work since I bought it unlocked.  Zero chance I'd accept a sprint locked version at this point.  Interesting, my wife has an unlocked S10+ also.  Her pre-ordered white version was not available until the 30th.  She claims to not have any issues. 

I asked the tech for a bill credit since I'm paying for mobile service that doesn't work.  They agreed to apply a $25 credit on my next bill. 

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

its pretty much confirmed right noe the preorder batch has hardware bugs so Im just going to bite the bullet and send my phone in as what customer support said to me.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How is this listed as "solved" when there are people who still have problems?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is marked as the temporary Solution until the update goes out to all and we have an accurate measure if it's not working still. We have not been given the exact date of release for this update. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This thread should not be marked as SOLVED until a software update is released that fixes the problem we are having.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Users are waiting for the update to be received to their personal device. All updates are sent out in waves so while I say it has been released, your device just might not have it yet. You can always go in and manually check for new updates from your settings, or you can try updating through Smart Switch. If all else fails, speak with your carrier as they usually have the ability to push out new updates that are available. In the event the solution to update changes, the marked solution will change as well. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungCole 

Not entirely true... and nobody should "settle" based only on a 'Moderator' word.

The March 1st update caused my problem with s10+, the subsequent update,  March 27th,  did NOTHING to fix the issue.   I purchased pre order s10+ (1tb) from SAMSUNG with trade in (perfect excellent phone) .... NOT Sprint .... HOWEVER,  Sprint REPLACED MY PHONE ... with NO ISSUES! 🤗

I encourage those who have issues ... keep posting until you get satisfaction. Resolution ... di NOT SETTLE...

Horrible treatment by Samsung for what these phone costs  ... with problems for a MONTH ... no acknowledgement,  no assistance but denial.   Use your social media platforms. 

Sprint did right by me ... I went to a corporate store. . . 3 times,  i tried ALL of the fixes,    nothing worked ... this new phone, WORKS PERFECT!  I will not download the March 1st update ... I have updates set to manual ... no auto unless I KNOW I can trust it!

I will say this,  this phone is a GREAT DEVICE ... it's "more" phone than what the capabilities currently are or are reaching to achieve ... I think it got caught up on the "too much or more" technology than what is available or can handle!! 😉  

I think once we get thru the "bumps" ... it will be seen as the awemazing device it is advertised as!  

STAY YOUR COURSE! 👍👀

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

so as we all know it is a samsung flaw in thier product. basic question is when will the UNLOCKED SM-G975UZWAXAA update going to be pushed? Sprint won't be doing it and . . . . . . look out big sammie will not provide a patch date just song and dance again. whoever mentioned class action we spot on, people are unable to rely on their phones for any type of work!!