JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Re: Mobile data and wifi issues - All Carriers

(Topic created on: 4/10/19 6:32 PM)
Savededa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S10

Let me start by saying I've escalated 3 tiers of tech support through sprint directly before I landed here. 

I have a s10+ and my wife has a s10. Our mobile data connection where we live isn't the best and rely heavily on wifi.

WiFi calling is somehow conflicting with sprints network. I drop calls anytime I use it as well as get a location timeout message from the wifi calling app. 

I also cannot send mms via wifi, only data which worked on my note 8 and s9. 

Calls drop often whether on wifi calling or mobile network. Sprint believes this to be a device issue. My daughter's LG tribute (free phone) can send mms via wifi and has zero issue with wifi calling. Multiple people on sprint community also experiencing same issues. 

I have updated prl as well as profile and refreshed network settings on my side as well on carrier. I'm seeing multiple reports of other s10s having similar problems.

Just bought 2 phones that pick and chose when they want to work for a whole lot of money. 

902 Replies
luvlyt
Halo
Options
Galaxy S10

Use your social media platforms ... do a YOU TUBE  video ... if enough people affected by this speak out ... "someone" will respond!!  All these so called new phone critics "vloggers / bloggers" have NOT spoke out about this issue.   I continue to follow the board even tho my Sprint store exchanged my phone ... it's WRONG for Samsung not to release a statement regarding these issues!!

There is an article today about 5G and where it's available and the roll out nationwide by 2020.  My thought is this had A  LOT to do with it.   The phone is searching for 5G.

These phones are more phone technologically than the current available networks ... 

Worse case ... if there is an attorney in the house,  perhaps a letter demanding responsibility ... Consumer affairs ... BBB ... 

Silence. The lack of acknowledgement... speaks loudly of their Customer Service ... their responsibility ... at last check,  there are laws that PROTECT consumers ... especially when they purchase a BRAND NEW phone that does not perform!!  

Earbuds:  I, too, received e- certificate, supposedly earbuds are on backorder!  Were supposed to be sent with phone ... obviously, a lot of unkept promises!  Will check back when or if ... I receive them!!

Good Luck .... ;)

sidenote:  I was told that the Samsung department in a Best Buy store is a "Samsung" store within the larger.   They should be standing behind the product as a direct representative of SAMSUNG!!

0 Likes
Svenergy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S10

Sad part is that I should at least be able to use my E-cert to buy what I want not what they want me to want.  I would buy something else samsung but at this point I have 2 GS10+ that cost over 1000 dollars that I can use to just make the inside of the car look good.  But that is all they are good for.  The calls drop so often that my daughter off in college just says dad wait till you get home and skype me.  Your phone is usless.  Sad I cant even talk to my kiddo after 24 years of service and not seeing her for 5 years of deployments.  I feel bad when now i am home and i cant get a hold of her just to chat.  Heck I had better service from Iraq to home than here. Also honor your Ecert for any product not just phone trash.  Be a company that owns it not just pawns it off on others. 

0 Likes
CT123
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S10

Brand new S10 plus. I cannot connect to LTE on Verizon. I can't send texts, calls are iffy, and using mobile data is almost impossible. I had Verizon reset network settings, changed out the sim card, reset the phone.... nothing works. Is an update coming soon for this issue? I've seen it is affecting spring and tmobile customers too. What can I do to fix this? I basically have a $1,000 phone that is useless without wifi.

SamsungLarryK
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S10

I recommend reaching out to your carrier regarding this.

0 Likes
CT123
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S10

I already have reached out to Verizon 3 times. The phone was purchased directly from Samsung. There is nothing more they can do beyond what they've already done. It seems to be a problem with the new S10's since it is reported across multiple carriers. What can Samsung do to fix this?

0 Likes
Chavanator
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S10

I have the same issue with my phone on metropcs, metro even let me borrow a Motorola phone for a day to check if it was the coverage or the S10, there is an issue with the S10, the moto worked perfectly. Samsung doesnt want to admit it and just gives me the run around everytime I call.

useriu5RLhewG9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S10

Same issues with Sprint. Very frustrating. Samsung and Sprint both have told me a software fix is coming, but until then I have a $1,000 pretty device that only works on WiFi.

useraETesE4Sxg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S10

If this issue is not fixed reach out to me. I have many sources of phone's including an Android and apple. You can keep your own number and select a different service provider. Stephanie

0 Likes
Bscott4777
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S10

I'm in the same boat, I was with Sprint switched to Verizon and am still having the same issues, it's the phone not the carrier. I bought y S10+ directly from Samsung unlocked. Calling customer service the last 8 times has done nothing they don't care. I went to BestBuy today and bought a Motorola G7 to get me by until I can either ship it out or a fix comes out. BTW I get full LTE speeds with same sim card out of the Motorola phone

0 Likes
userYljnkuYlEB
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S10

it is not services provider issue, its the phone, theres issue with motherboard that i understand, that patch/updates hae something do with trying to fix it, i sure bypassing something or not sure, i havent heard anything ppl said after updates it works. so any of u that have that happen please speak up. but what i understand is that the update wont fix it. and most provider is replacing the phone. and is a 50/50 thing, right now they are back order so new set of phones coming out, so may be the new set is fix. use ur insurance and get the phone replace and do not update till a solid updates of a fix come out. think abou this, the phone work fine till it get an update came out and shortly after that it came out a phone fix update, so i think the first update was the issue. it mess up the phone. i do notice battery draining faster and theres a heat building on the phone. posible the updates drive the motherboard so hot it burn up something. now this is just a guess, not saying its true but is a possiblity. so

0 Likes