JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Re: Mobile data and wifi issues - All Carriers

(Topic created on: 4/16/19 1:43 PM)
Savededa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S10

Let me start by saying I've escalated 3 tiers of tech support through sprint directly before I landed here. 

I have a s10+ and my wife has a s10. Our mobile data connection where we live isn't the best and rely heavily on wifi.

WiFi calling is somehow conflicting with sprints network. I drop calls anytime I use it as well as get a location timeout message from the wifi calling app. 

I also cannot send mms via wifi, only data which worked on my note 8 and s9. 

Calls drop often whether on wifi calling or mobile network. Sprint believes this to be a device issue. My daughter's LG tribute (free phone) can send mms via wifi and has zero issue with wifi calling. Multiple people on sprint community also experiencing same issues. 

I have updated prl as well as profile and refreshed network settings on my side as well on carrier. I'm seeing multiple reports of other s10s having similar problems.

Just bought 2 phones that pick and chose when they want to work for a whole lot of money. 

902 Replies
user4bm67nKOJY
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S10

Same. Didn't have any issues before the first software update, actually. Now I bounce from LTE to 3G to Roaming at random while sitting in the same spot. Super annoyed.

Nevaeh
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S10

This is happening with our phone too. Says 4G he can't send texts at times and if he manages to make a call it isn't clear and will drop, we have a different carrier than sprint. My wifi doesn't even help with this.

0 Likes
Steeler1994
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S10

I have an upgrade on Sprint that i wanted to leave for the S10. I guess it's not worth it considering all the issues? 

mkenny28
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S10

@Steeler1994 wrote:

I have an upgrade on Sprint that i wanted to leave for the S10. I guess it's not worth it considering all the issues? 

I think it was the initial batch of preorders and early adopters. Besides it sounds like Sprint is mostly taking care of customers who have purchased from them and swapping out phones. Samsung on the other hand is being cheap about he whole thing. I would risk getting it from Sprint.

0 Likes
user5XQJKtv0ge
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S10

S

@mkenny28 wrote:

@Steeler1994 wrote:

I think it was the initial batch of preorders and early adopters. Besides it sounds like Sprint is mostly taking care of customers who have purchased from them and swapping out phones. Samsung on the other hand is being cheap about he whole thing. I would risk getting it from Sprint.

Sprint is NOT taking care of there customers. I have been waiting for a replacement for over a month....file a complaint with BBB if you are not being helped. Seems like the only way they are required to remedy the issue. 

0 Likes
Nevaeh
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S10
0 Likes
Steeler1994
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S10

So could this be an issue with launch versions of the phone then? Think getting one now could be an issue? 

0 Likes
Ken_Graham
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S10

As a former Sprint Customer, I can pretty much say all of you guys issues I'm more than likely because of Sprint and not because of Samsung. I'm currently a T-Mobile customer and have no issues regarding Wi-Fi or connectivity or calls and dialing and MMS messages.

at one point I thought about going back to Sprint because of their deals and after the first call I realized I was not able to do simultaneous data and voice and the next day I returned all the equipment and vowed not to do it again. I would press you all to consider your choice of carrier.

0 Likes
Steeler1994
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S10
Contracts are a thing unfortunately. After my contract is done, im leaving the carrier for sure.
0 Likes
mkenny28
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S10

@Ken_Graham wrote:

As a former Sprint Customer, I can pretty much say all of you guys issues I'm more than likely because of Sprint and not because of Samsung. I'm currently a T-Mobile customer and have no issues regarding Wi-Fi or connectivity or calls and dialing and MMS messages.

at one point I thought about going back to Sprint because of their deals and after the first call I realized I was not able to do simultaneous data and voice and the next day I returned all the equipment and vowed not to do it again. I would press you all to consider your choice of carrier.

I had this same issues on T-Mobile with my wife's S10+. In this case it is clearly the manufacturer.

0 Likes