cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steeler1994
Asteroid

Re: Mobile data and wifi issues - All Carriers

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That just sounds amazing. Tired of dealing with Sprint overall, but been very hesitant in upgrading to the S10 since my upgrade in March.

userVSfzwRorax
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have applied all patches and still with all bands on the OTA connectivety issues remain.  Only if I disable band 41 and 25 can I stay connected.  I dont care where the fault lies (Sprint or Samsung) I am recommending to my wife and all friends in the office not to get this phone...Perhaps that will start to get peoples attention.

Highlighted
userSqR18tnsGG
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yep, I've turned 6 people off of the phone since I got ours.  I updated the software yesterday and I finally have data in about 2/3 the places I should but at maybe 3g speeds half the time.  I did yet another factoy reset and it didn't get better and sitting in my office I'm watching my phone kick up roaming messages and losing data.  Just not as often.

But I've found the ultimate solution  to the S10+ data problems.  I spent a lot of time on the phone and chat with both sprint and samsung and finally found the fix.  It showed up in the mail just yesterday and best of all it was free.

It's a return label.

userZ08m5eOdn6
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I am having the same problem with my Note 9. This is ridiculous!!
userMIpixjgE3U
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So just an update on my situation.  I've received my replacement phone from Sprint, the phone is working great.  I havent dropped calls, and LTE data is pretty strong.  I did do the updates that were sent out and they had no negative effects on the phone.  I'm still waiting for a replacement for my second S10+ they're currently on back order.  

Vido
Galaxy

Re: Re: Mobile data and wifi issues - All Carriers

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So it's a phone issue?? What of others??

user7Yswj04QF6
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey I just wanted to post this as I was able to solve the issue. It is in fact a problem with the latest security patch from Samsung. So if you're having slow connection or no connection at all it's a very simple fix. There are 2 possible ways to remedy this. My problem was tmobile wasn't getting any data connection what so ever but I had no wifi issues. They were about to make me get a refurbished/used phone which I didn't want, or be stuck with a barely functioning phone. I did everything short of flashing a completely different version OS onto the phone (which would have made it impossible for me to receive official updates ever again) 1.(didn't work for me) Go to best buy and have the Samsung tech downgrade your OS & avoid updating till the next update. 2. (Worked for me) go to your closest providers shop & have them port you number to a new sim card. I tried just about everything & was about to get a used phone from tmobile to replace my new s10 plus, which was a sucky situation. Luckily the sales rep working thought of trying this before transferring my data to a refurbished/used phone, & it worked!

mkenny28
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user7Yswj04QF6 wrote:
Hey I just wanted to post this as I was able to solve the issue. It is in fact a problem with the latest security patch from Samsung. So if you're having slow connection or no connection at all it's a very simple fix. There are 2 possible ways to remedy this. My problem was tmobile wasn't getting any data connection what so ever but I had no wifi issues. They were about to make me get a refurbished/used phone which I didn't want, or be stuck with a barely functioning phone. I did everything short of flashing a completely different version OS onto the phone (which would have made it impossible for me to receive official updates ever again) 1.(didn't work for me) Go to best buy and have the Samsung tech downgrade your OS & avoid updating till the next update. 2. (Worked for me) go to your closest providers shop & have them port you number to a new sim card. I tried just about everything & was about to get a used phone from tmobile to replace my new s10 plus, which was a sucky situation. Luckily the sales rep working thought of trying this before transferring my data to a refurbished/used phone, & it worked!

So you just got a new sim card? I was on my third SIM card before I sent it in for repair. Glad that worked for you though.

userZ08m5eOdn6
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Hi, I just called my Best Buy and was told that their system will check for the latest OS / upgrade and if they don't have it, they must call and get it. Smiley Sad
Rose4uKY
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user7Yswj04QF6 wrote:

I just found this thread and you said the Samsung rep reverted you back to the old OS. We had March security update and then got the April 16th one from Sprint. We had problems since we got our phones but my husband was worse. We have unlocked but last week we switched to Verizon. Just wondering if we can revert back or if we really need to take it in and have the software re flashed? That is what Samsung and Verizon told me to do. But then I'll have to reset to the phone again will lose everything. I backed it to tonight though and may take it in tomorrow. First Samsung said best buy Samsung rep than she said u break it we fix it place and it's covered under warranty no cost to do this.