Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Mobile data and wifi issues - All Carriers

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user7Yswj04QF6 wrote:
Hey I just wanted to post this as I was able to solve the issue. It is in fact a problem with the latest security patch from Samsung. So if you're having slow connection or no connection at all it's a very simple fix. There are 2 possible ways to remedy this. My problem was tmobile wasn't getting any data connection what so ever but I had no wifi issues. They were about to make me get a refurbished/used phone which I didn't want, or be stuck with a barely functioning phone. I did everything short of flashing a completely different version OS onto the phone (which would have made it impossible for me to receive official updates ever again) 1.(didn't work for me) Go to best buy and have the Samsung tech downgrade your OS & avoid updating till the next update. 2. (Worked for me) go to your closest providers shop & have them port you number to a new sim card. I tried just about everything & was about to get a used phone from tmobile to replace my new s10 plus, which was a sucky situation. Luckily the sales rep working thought of trying this before transferring my data to a refurbished/used phone, & it worked!

So you just got a new sim card? I was on my third SIM card before I sent it in for repair. Glad that worked for you though.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Hi, I just called my Best Buy and was told that their system will check for the latest OS / upgrade and if they don't have it, they must call and get it. Smiley Sad
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user7Yswj04QF6 wrote:

Hey I just wanted to post this as I was able to solve the issue. It is in fact a problem with the latest security patch from Samsung. So if you're having slow connection or no connection at all it's a very simple fix. There are 2 possible ways to remedy this. My problem was tmobile wasn't getting any data connection what so ever but I had no wifi issues. They were about to make me get a refurbished/used phone which I didn't want, or be stuck with a barely functioning phone. I did everything short of flashing a completely different version OS onto the phone (which would have made it impossible for me to receive official updates ever again) 1.(didn't work for me) Go to best buy and have the Samsung tech downgrade your OS & avoid updating till the next update. 2. (Worked for me) go to your closest providers shop & have them port you number to a new sim card. I tried just about everything & was about to get a used phone from tmobile to replace my new s10 plus, which was a sucky situation. Luckily the sales rep working thought of trying this before transferring my data to a refurbished/used phone, & it worked!

I just found this thread and you said the Samsung rep reverted you back to the old OS. We had March security update and then got the April 16th one from Sprint. We had problems since we got our phones but my husband was worse. We have unlocked but last week we switched to Verizon. Just wondering if we can revert back or if we really need to take it in and have the software re flashed? That is what Samsung and Verizon told me to do. But then I'll have to reset to the phone again will lose everything. I backed it to tonight though and may take it in tomorrow. First Samsung said best buy Samsung rep than she said u break it we fix it place and it's covered under warranty no cost to do this.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Alright, I have read all 63 pages in this forum, and all 33 over in Sprint's site.

I have read everyone's comments describing their issues/problems with their devices and I share everybody's frustrations. I, too, have a pre-ordered S10+ which I received on 3/6/19.

Much like just about everyone here, the device worked great for a number of weeks and then service went downhill. Even in places I knew for a fact had very good cell reception. Text messages (SMS/MMS) would delay, sometimes not send at all. At first, I thought it was a normal and temporary issue with the network (Sprint), perhaps an outage of some kind. It eventually got so bad that I realized it was a bigger issue than I had anticipated. Which led me to find these two forums and well, the rest is history.

This is my thing, my S10+ (currently running the latest ASD5) works great in some select areas. I have been able to clock some decent speeds on Speedtest (70.4 mbps, 145 mbps) since the ASD5 update. Even prior to ASD5 (when device was running on ASC8), I have also managed to clock some very impressive speeds: 87.2 mbps, 93.5mbps, 75.4mbps, 158mbps, 206mbps, 188mbps, 141mbps.

(I do shift work and work early hours of the day while everyone sleeps, some of the pre-ASD5 speeds were clocked at hours where there is not too much network traffic flowing)

With that all said, there are certain areas (which I visit quite frequetly which I now know) where I get awful service. You know, the usual downgrade from LTE to 3G; roaming; "unable to establish network connection". All this while I'm in my car with my girlfriend (who has an iPhone XR, on the same network as me, as the 2nd line in my plan) who does not experience any of this.

From reading this, do you guys think my issue is merely of a geographical nature in that service is no good in the above-mentioned area, or does it sound like I have a defective device?

I don't quite know where I stand. I get so frustrated when I'm in those deadzones that I tell myself I'm going to go through with a replacement of my device. Alternatively, though, I have experienced some very good LTE speeds as I mentioned above, making me wonder if I even have a defective unit to begin with. Some people on these forums state their phones are completely useless, essentially a $1000 paperweight. Fortunately, that is not the case for me, unless I'm in one of the deadzones. 

What do you guys think?

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userw9UL6Tl9jb wrote:

Alright, I have read all 63 pages in this forum, and all 33 over in Sprint's site.

I have read everyone's comments describing their issues/problems with their devices and I share everybody's frustrations. I, too, have a pre-ordered S10+ which I received on 3/6/19.

Much like just about everyone here, the device worked great for a number of weeks and then service went downhill. Even in places I knew for a fact had very good cell reception. Text messages (SMS/MMS) would delay, sometimes not send at all. At first, I thought it was a normal and temporary issue with the network (Sprint), perhaps an outage of some kind. It eventually got so bad that I realized it was a bigger issue than I had anticipated. Which led me to find these two forums and well, the rest is history.

This is my thing, my S10+ (currently running the latest ASD5) works great in some select areas. I have been able to clock some decent speeds on Speedtest (70.4 mbps, 145 mbps) since the ASD5 update. Even prior to ASD5 (when device was running on ASC8), I have also managed to clock some very impressive speeds: 87.2 mbps, 93.5mbps, 75.4mbps, 158mbps, 206mbps, 188mbps, 141mbps.

(I do shift work and work early hours of the day while everyone sleeps, some of the pre-ASD5 speeds were clocked at hours where there is not too much network traffic flowing)

With that all said, there are certain areas (which I visit quite frequetly which I now know) where I get awful service. You know, the usual downgrade from LTE to 3G; roaming; "unable to establish network connection". All this while I'm in my car with my girlfriend (who has an iPhone XR, on the same network as me, as the 2nd line in my plan) who does not experience any of this.

From reading this, do you guys think my issue is merely of a geographical nature in that service is no good in the above-mentioned area, or does it sound like I have a defective device?

I don't quite know where I stand. I get so frustrated when I'm in those deadzones that I tell myself I'm going to go through with a replacement of my device. Alternatively, though, I have experienced some very good LTE speeds as I mentioned above, making me wonder if I even have a defective unit to begin with. Some people on these forums state their phones are completely useless, essentially a $1000 paperweight. Fortunately, that is not the case for me, unless I'm in one of the deadzones. 

What do you guys think?

The issue is not carrier, some carrier make it work harder then some, the phone the way it design is to switch network for best signal, and for internet travel it switch to either a heavy usage LTE or a slower LTE, problem it is that the device is switching band like crazy, which what I understand is after the security patch, when that happen the phone is trying to find a network that is faster or connecting, since theres download and upload, the phone have 0 to 0.02 upload so can't send info out, so the tower and phone thinks is slow connection so switch to different band, but it's the same reason so it switch like crazy which that's the battery drain issue show up and phone get really hot. Some of the phone have been damaged by the over heating, which why when send the phone in, they replace main board as u read on this forum, as matter fact someone posted video of their phone battery drain and over heating, and next die it die completely, long story short, the phone is trying to find a stable connection but the software is fighting it. The new patch is attempt to fix that and hopefully the phone work again that's why u see some ppl report it work some didn't. 

So end of the story the pie firmware have an issue, so they come out security patch then security patch cuz the phone batt drain and over heating which end reason damaged the motherboard. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So where are we at at this point. Is there gonna be another update then or are we up the creek without a paddle

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

At this point everyone should be demanding for a replacement.  Updates are all but useless.  

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The funny thing is they dont even know if it will happen again to the replacement phone. I have three galaxy s10 plus on my account 2 of which I requested a replacement. 1 is on its 3rd replacement and one was working fine for exactly 2 weeks then gave out just before the asd5 update. This is not only sprint All carriers are having issues with connection. The galaxy s10 5g is even having connection issues in other country. I'm starting to believe Samsung replaced their antennas for a cheap substitute and now are regretting it.

Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

On the sprint forum I'm seeing that they are issuing replacements anyone know how to proceed if you have a factory unlocked device straight from samsung?

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
@userUEj5BgD4mG I have a S10+ unlocked from Samsung with the issues. I had to jump through hoops but finally at least made headway. You will need to call Samsung and walk through all of their troubleshooting. If they try and tell you it is carrier related tell them you have already been to them and they sent you back to Samsung. They will want you to go to a service center or send your phone in for warranty repair. I opted for the service center but the center told me they couldn't do and I would need to contact Samsung for repair. Back to Samsung and they finally sent me a shipping label to send my phone into an actual repair center. Tell them you need it back as soon as possible and get next day air. I got notification today that they have my phone. Unfortunately the repair tracker the email tells me to use doesn't exist. Good luck!