Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Re: Mobile data and wifi issues - All Carriers

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@woodbury wrote:

I lost patience waiting for final fixes from Samsung/Sprint so I switched over to AT&T last week. Generally, my S10+ is working way better on the AT&T network but not without any issues. In areas where network coverage is spotty, I'm having similar issues where I lost data connection although the phone showed that I was still on the LTE network. And, the phone switched to 3G network from time to time in places where my other phones were working fine. It's not as bad as on Sprint's network though. It's also overheating after about 10 minutes making phone calls. By the way, mine is an unlocked version.

Yup, mine had the same behavior on AT&T and T-Mobile. Sprint's network issues are way more pronounced I but my phone never got hot. On AT&T it would get Hot to the touch. Samsung replaced the main board and all is good so far on all three networks.

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's amazing that this issue only appears to affect ATT and Sprint. I have an unlocked S10+ on Verizon and have absolutely no call problems and my phone barely gets warm even after a one hour call or 30 minutes in my VR headset! I know both Verizon and Sprint use CDMA while ATT and T-Mobile use GSM bands so that can't be the issue. 

It seems the common thread here is AT&T and Sprint... across a LOT of the forums, not just this thread. I work with 4 other people that have either the S10 or S10+.  4 of us are on Verizon without any issues with our phone at all, 1 is on Sprint with constant connection problems and his phone gets extremely warm! Is it just coincidence that the four S10's on Verizon are great but the one on Sprint is bad?? By the way, 2 of us have unlocked phones, 2 are Verizon branded and one is Sprint.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@MikePasta wrote:

It's amazing that this issue only appears to affect ATT and Sprint. I have an unlocked S10+ on Verizon and have absolutely no call problems and my phone barely gets warm even after a one hour call or 30 minutes in my VR headset! I know both Verizon and Sprint use CDMA while ATT and T-Mobile use GSM bands so that can't be the issue. 

It seems the common thread here is AT&T and Sprint... across a LOT of the forums, not just this thread. I work with 4 other people that have either the S10 or S10+.  4 of us are on Verizon without any issues with our phone at all, 1 is on Sprint with constant connection problems and his phone gets extremely warm! Is it just coincidence that the four S10's on Verizon are great but the one on Sprint is bad?? By the way, 2 of us have unlocked phones, 2 are Verizon branded and one is Sprint.

I really think it was something with how the phones were initially provisioned along with basically bad luck of the draw. I have two friends who preordered on Verizon and are having the same issues as everyone else. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can confirm it's not only AT&T and Sprint. My unlocked S10+ on T-Mobile has a total loss of LTE connectivity since this morning. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was told by Samsung to talk to my carrier its thier issue. My carrier (Xfinity mobile) said its Samsung's problem. I love samsung but man this is trying my patience. Why does sending and recieving MMS work with wifi only with the Verizon messaging app? Looks like a software issue with the Samsung mess app.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm also experiencing this issue on both my 10.5 tablet and the S10+. Both of which I just got last month. I've updated everything too, had an update for the phone that seem to solve it but only for a couple of days

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I too am having this problem. I always had service where I live with my galaxy 8+. Never had dropped calls or anything like that. Ever since I got the 10+ I need wifi 90% of the times i make calls or do anything data related. I get dropped calls ALL THE TIME in places I usually always had service. Alot of times I have to try and dial several times before the call connects and when I finally get a hold of someone they either cant hear me or say I sound like a robot. If I didnt have wifi at my house I wouldn't be able to use half of my apps. My phone also freezes alot. It took me 3 tries to reply to this post smh. I dont want to switch to iPhone but I've been to sprint twice and they keep saying a update will fix it. Samsung needs to fix this asap or they will lose another long time customer. For such an expensive phone and service I expect it to actually work!

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This solution works for me:

1. Locate Bixby Routines

2. Click and hold to go to App Info

3. Click on Storage

4. Clear Cache and Data

5. Click Permission open

6. Clear all permission

7. Clear app setting to prevent app from making system changes.

Once done, you should be good. I did it SB's it worked like magic.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I know what your saying, feel the same way. Good luck !

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

UPDATE: I have been dealing with these issues since i got my gs10+ on 3/8 like many of you. After hours and hours of dealing with incompetent companies customer service (samsung and sprint) they have finally replaced my phone with a new gs10+. I am happy to report that my new phone is NOT having the same issues. I have updated it to the most recent software. Now i am getting top speeds rivaling my home internet connection. I am getting 120mbps in certain locations but average around 30-40mbps in my normally frequented areas. On my broken gs10+, i wouldn't get above an average of 2mbps. Most of the time having no connection at all. 

The bottom line is there is hope. Do not let these corporations take advantage of you. Hold them to account. 

PS: Not only did i get the replacement phone (free of charge) but i also got $275 off my account from sprint. All because i filled a detailed complaint on BBB.org. They HAVE to respond to you if you file that complaint.