cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userDiZYTRWf4g
Astronaut

Re: Mobile data and wifi issues - All Carriers

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you confirm whether this update has actually been released?

userdDVL4q2Kxc
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Samsung... please, let us know what IS the ETA to get that update that will fix these issues.

This cannot continue for long since it is affecting our daily interaction with this product.

Didn't you tested out these new SG S10, S10+ S10e units with all carriers before releasing?

"Apperently a common denominator is = this is mainly happening to units that were pre-order"

I found insteresting this is happening from popular brand-company "Samsung"

Thank you

userBgbWoSkFkS
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, I bought s10 plus recently..I have issue with data. Data is not getting on itself until unless I restart the phone or reset the network..it is causing a lot of trouble for me as I mostly use data. Also , I have latest software upgrade..please advise...

Highlighted
usernZNQ7svEyh
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That solution did not fix my issue. I was told several times that there is a software update coming. It never worked. I was on Sprint, purchased the Sprint phone directly from Samsung,and then was told it was the carrier. I got my phone unlocked and moved to T-Mobile. The issue followed the phone. I discovered my phone would not pass date on bands 2 and 4 even when I had 5 bars. I sent my phone in for repair and they replaced the motherboard and got it back locked to Sprint. Samsung says Sprint has to unlock it again and Sprint says Samsung has to do it. So basically I have a $1000 paperweight because I can't use my phone.

I honestly think that Samsung tells everyone it's a software issue but it's actually hardware and to wait for an update. By the time you figure out what the issue is, the 14 day return policy is over.

I purchased a brand new phone that was faulty from day one and I have to send it in for repair. I don't even know if it's fixed or not because I can't use it at all.

So many people are having issues, why not stand by your product and swap the defective one (it was defective) for a brand new one? 

People might have the issue but not even know it. I could connect to band 12 but my download speeds were about 4-6 MB per second.

Hopefully they won't remove this comment. Users need to know 

userE1s6xwJqTx
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I purchased 3 Samsung 10's and 1 Samsung 10 plus and they are horrible. I have changed sim cards 3 times, got 4 different and new phones on a warranty exchange, been to the carrier's store for over 50 plus hours, ccalled the carrier, alled Samsung,  and our phones still don't work. The one thing thst DOES work is the monthly bill. The bill  keeps coming and all I get is, "I'm sorry!" I have had Samsung phones for the past 15 years and these new 10 and 10 plus phones are a disgrace. Something needs to be done. 

userBIMA5KBOJy
Constellation

Re: Mobile data and wi-fi issues - Sprint

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same as well with mine and my husbands exctly and calling them has done nothing so wat did you guys do please to help or fix it???Smiley Wink!!!!

userIliQt4VhQO
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

ok so more info here...

im originally on an unlocked s10+ with sprint and having this problem, today i went out and got a prepaid verizon account, i put the verizon SIM card in said phone and I see verizon is connecting to band 4, 5, and 13.

now band 5 and band 13 are giving me really good speeds around 50 60mbps download and 15 20mbp upload...

problem is band 4 is so slow barely there... and of course for some reason band 4 is what the phone constantly wants to be on... if i dont use the phone for a few mins then go pick it up n say open a youtube video, it wont work, itll just keep trying to open the page then times out, if i keep trying couple of times itll then switch to band 5 or 13 and boom really good speeds but eventually will go back to band 4 and slow data and so on. so with sprint the phone wont pull any data on the good bands even with showing full bars and LTE but we have the ability to disable them, on verizon the good bands work really good but it just keeps defaulting to the slow one and we cant disable it.

what a mess

userLryHZeR8LX
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After getting the run around and blame game for a week as many of us have I was finally told on the phone they would replace my S10+. They sent me a support ticket/exchange ticket then 30 minutes later canceled it. This is ridiculous. They don't want to accept responsibility. Feels like the Note 7 fiasco all over again. Took them quite a long time to admit fault for that one as well. I'm doing a chargeback on my credit card. Also contacting lawyers for a class action. Samsung really needs to get their act together. 

Tyrrellaroonie
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Been having the same problem since day one. Tried doing everything Sprint support suggested, including swapping SIM.  Nothing has worked so far, and I am extremely frustrated.  not being able to access mobile data, unable to send messages, unable to make or receive calls 75% of the time. 

However the only thing that has seemed to work so far is this:

You must disable Band 41 AND Band 25!. Enter Data Programming Mode: ##3282# Edit -> Enter MSL: 000000 -> OK -> LTE -> Band41 Enabled -> Deselect -> Band25 Enabled - Reboot. So far seems to fix the issue. Again, you must disable both Band41 and Band25! Works like a charm Smiley Happy

userXuBlxOV4kh
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Tyrrellaroonie wrote:

Been having the same problem since day one. Tried doing everything Sprint support suggested, including swapping SIM.  Nothing has worked so far, and I am extremely frustrated.  not being able to access mobile data, unable to send messages, unable to make or receive calls 75% of the time. 

However the only thing that has seemed to work so far is this:

You must disable Band 41 AND Band 25!. Enter Data Programming Mode: ##3282# Edit -> Enter MSL: 000000 -> OK -> LTE -> Band41 Enabled -> Deselect -> Band25 Enabled - Reboot. So far seems to fix the issue. Again, you must disable both Band41 and Band25! Works like a charm Smiley Happy

This is a crude hack, that will limit bandwidth and coverage. Not saying it is not a good band-aid give the current situatiion, but this is not a fix. .