JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Re: Mobile data and wifi issues - All Carriers

(Topic created on: 6/27/19 12:37 PM)
Savededa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S10

Let me start by saying I've escalated 3 tiers of tech support through sprint directly before I landed here. 

I have a s10+ and my wife has a s10. Our mobile data connection where we live isn't the best and rely heavily on wifi.

WiFi calling is somehow conflicting with sprints network. I drop calls anytime I use it as well as get a location timeout message from the wifi calling app. 

I also cannot send mms via wifi, only data which worked on my note 8 and s9. 

Calls drop often whether on wifi calling or mobile network. Sprint believes this to be a device issue. My daughter's LG tribute (free phone) can send mms via wifi and has zero issue with wifi calling. Multiple people on sprint community also experiencing same issues. 

I have updated prl as well as profile and refreshed network settings on my side as well on carrier. I'm seeing multiple reports of other s10s having similar problems.

Just bought 2 phones that pick and chose when they want to work for a whole lot of money. 

902 Replies
userWRVvcJygWS
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S10

Exact same issue here. Phone was amazing before the update! I got super frustrated, so I just sent in my phone to the repair center because no other solutions were offered besides taking the phone to an authorized repair center. I didn't wanna waste anymore time with my phone being out of commission. I had to go out and get a temp phone. Hoping their repairs help.

usersK0ZHrv9Ao
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S10

This is frustrating and im close to selling my phone and giving up on Samsung.  I am a Sprint/Samsung customer for well over a decade but am about to give up on both.  My phone is an unlocked s10+ I bought from Samsung.  I'm sick of paying for a phone that barely works.  

userBc8Y6uylDs
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S10

Any news on this issue? Bought the 10+ last weekend and have already gone through a new SIM card, every reset known to man, and swapped out my phone only to have the same issues on the new one (on Verizon). Been on a tech support call for almost 2 hours, and they can't figure it out. 

Samsung -- what's the deal??

userdDVL4q2Kxc
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S10

Hi there,

Thank you for the notification;

I would like to ask you when is this fix be available?

We need this to be fixes ASAP or we would like our SG s10+ phones replaced.

Thank you

0 Likes
userDiZYTRWf4g
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S10

Can you confirm whether this update has actually been released?

userdDVL4q2Kxc
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S10

Hi Samsung... please, let us know what IS the ETA to get that update that will fix these issues.

This cannot continue for long since it is affecting our daily interaction with this product.

Didn't you tested out these new SG S10, S10+ S10e units with all carriers before releasing?

"Apperently a common denominator is = this is mainly happening to units that were pre-order"

I found insteresting this is happening from popular brand-company "Samsung"

Thank you

userBgbWoSkFkS
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S10

Hi, I bought s10 plus recently..I have issue with data. Data is not getting on itself until unless I restart the phone or reset the network..it is causing a lot of trouble for me as I mostly use data. Also , I have latest software upgrade..please advise...

usernZNQ7svEyh
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S10

That solution did not fix my issue. I was told several times that there is a software update coming. It never worked. I was on Sprint, purchased the Sprint phone directly from Samsung,and then was told it was the carrier. I got my phone unlocked and moved to T-Mobile. The issue followed the phone. I discovered my phone would not pass date on bands 2 and 4 even when I had 5 bars. I sent my phone in for repair and they replaced the motherboard and got it back locked to Sprint. Samsung says Sprint has to unlock it again and Sprint says Samsung has to do it. So basically I have a $1000 paperweight because I can't use my phone.

I honestly think that Samsung tells everyone it's a software issue but it's actually hardware and to wait for an update. By the time you figure out what the issue is, the 14 day return policy is over.

I purchased a brand new phone that was faulty from day one and I have to send it in for repair. I don't even know if it's fixed or not because I can't use it at all.

So many people are having issues, why not stand by your product and swap the defective one (it was defective) for a brand new one? 

People might have the issue but not even know it. I could connect to band 12 but my download speeds were about 4-6 MB per second.

Hopefully they won't remove this comment. Users need to know 

userE1s6xwJqTx
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S10

I purchased 3 Samsung 10's and 1 Samsung 10 plus and they are horrible. I have changed sim cards 3 times, got 4 different and new phones on a warranty exchange, been to the carrier's store for over 50 plus hours, ccalled the carrier, alled Samsung,  and our phones still don't work. The one thing thst DOES work is the monthly bill. The bill  keeps coming and all I get is, "I'm sorry!" I have had Samsung phones for the past 15 years and these new 10 and 10 plus phones are a disgrace. Something needs to be done. 

0 Likes
S4L
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S10

What date will the software update be available? I know you can't put an exact timeframe on when an update will be pushed out but are we looking at late summer 2019, fall 2019 or later?

0 Likes