cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
userLmc4XcZ3du
Astronaut

Re: Mobile data and wifi issues - All Carriers

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am still having this issue, Got my samsung s10 yesterday, My 4g speeds are between 2 -7 mbps. when i use thesame sim in my galaxy note 8 i get between 60 - 120 mbps.

I have factory reset and gone through some network trouple shooting etc. 

Is there a fix for this coming, I rely on this when i am out at meetings ?

Tippcobbs
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I been on phone with Sprint and did all that you have listed. I even ask to change phones. They told me to give them 48 hours to try and fix it. 6/24/19 can't wait to see if the have it fix by the 26th. But I will not have my hopes high from reading your comments. I wish I had kept my Samsung 8. Bad enough my watch won't hold charge, Samsung Galaxy watch. 

I am really disappointed with Samsung now. I have no signal in alot of places as well 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My preorder S10+ has been giving me data issues from day one.  In my case,  it would show 4 or 5 bars LTE, but still have no data.  I accepted all updates.  Very often,  it would drop data, though again, falsely showing that it had data, and the only recovering when I would put it in airplane mode and back to normal or rebooting the phone.   It would happen in places where data should bre no issue,  like in San Francisco and Seattle.  3G  or roaming always  means no data.  I went through sprint and then Samsung support , did a factory reset, then spending half my day off getting it reflashed at Ubreakifix.   Finally, I was told to send it to Plano Texas for repair.  2-3 week turnaround...  I'm back on my S8 and it is displaying none of the problems the S10+ had.  Not happy at all...

Highlighted
useryI2gfToc54
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Didn't work for me πŸ˜” 

userDtcCY6S4Ny
Asteroid

********** This is how you resolve the issue until they h...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

********** This is how you resolve the issue until they have a permanent fix *********

You must disable Band 41 AND Band 25!. Enter Data Programming Mode: ##3282# Edit -> Enter MSL: 000000 -> OK -> LTE -> Band41 Enabled -> Deselect -> Band25 Enabled - Reboot. So far seems to fix the issue. Again, you must disable both Band41 and Band25! Works like a charm

userDtcCY6S4Ny
Asteroid

You have to your keypad like you're dialing so someone's...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You have to your keypad like you're dialing so someone's num and enter ##3282# that'll get you to the screen you need to get too and just follow the directions from there

userDtcCY6S4Ny
Asteroid

My s10 was having the same problem, after I did that, wor...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My s10 was having the same problem, after I did that, works great.

userysvM3JwQRl
Constellation

Re: My s10 was having the same problem, after I did that, wor...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userDtcCY6S4Ny wrote:

My s10 was having the same problem, after I did that, works great.

If you have a stock Samsung S10 (meaning not a branded carrier model), the keypad code to enter Data Programming Mode is

*#2263#

Hope that helps someone! Wish Samsung would fix this stupid problem.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Regardless of your carrier, if your S10 is still experiencing sudden (and persistent) connectivity drop-outs in seemingly strong signal reception areas, contact your carrier or visit one of their repair centers to have your device tested (Sprint, for example, can test for mobile data connectivity hardware failure at their repair centers) to find out if you're dealing with a faulty/defective device. UBreakiFix is authorized to repair/diagnose Samsung products, so if you have one in your area that is an option as well.

In many (if not most) cases, software will be the culprit. Always test the device in Safe Mode (press power button then hold down power-off icon to bring up Safe Mode) to rule out 3rd-party apps as the problem. Wiping the cache partition (go into Recovery mode - power off S10, power on pressing the volume up + Bixby button + power button until Recovery loads) will also help resolve various issues that can affect the stability of the firmware. When all else fails, a factory data reset will wipe the slate clean and help narrow down hardware vs software problems. If you back up to Samsung Cloud or use Smart Switch to back up data to a PC/Mac, running a restore after factory resetting is fairly simple (and relatively fast) and will bring your S10 back to the state it was in when it was backed up.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response helped resolve your issue, please press the "βœ“ Accept as Solution" button. Thanks!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just FYI, a Sprint repair facility diagnosed a hardware failure in my S10+,  but Samsung insisted that I bring it to Ubreakifix,  who insisted that the phone just needed to be reflashed.   It was a hardware failure that required a board replacement.   Ubreakifix was useless in my case and caused me to waste more time.