cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user5Mup0zQp0j
Constellation

Re: Mobile data and wifi issues - All Carriers

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This issue is marked as 'Solved' but it isn't. At least be honest enough to avoid pretending this issue is resolved. I have an unlocked s10e on Verizon that intermittenly loses internet over both wifi and 4G across all apps. It happens randomly (twice in the last 12 hours) and reboots/shutdown restarts do not fix the issue. I was driving to a doctors appointment and had to call my girlfriend for directions because my $750 phone decided to turn into a brick on the highway.

The problem is not my wifi. The problem is not my cell signal. The problem has not been fixed with software updates. I've had half a dozen devices (pixel, iphone x, etc.) over the last 3 years (work and personal phones) and have never had an issue even close to resembling this.  I will try to go into Verizon to see if they can diagnose and update.

Also, the name 'UBreakIFix' is annoying in this context.  How about 'SamsungBreakSamsungMaybeFix.'

userqjQv14riKl
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just picked up the note 10+ today and I'm having similar issues with wifi and mobile, never once had an issue on my s8+  

Edit: I did what user userDtcCY6S4Ny  suggested a few messages up and it works for the note10+

Samsung_Po2QFhs
Astronaut

Re: Re: Mobile data and wifi issues - All Carriers

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Taken to to storage on my ph.

Highlighted
useruilOO5S7xU
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This has NOT been resolved.    I've tried all the settings and check to verify I have the latest updates.  I have to disable WIFI in order to get connection to the internet.    WHERE'S THE FIX.....

DagwudCornelius
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I will tell you this is not a Samsung issue. I have Verizon and even with my old Motorola phone I could not force WiFi calling, it's the carrier. Where I live I might get one bar of 3G with Verizon depending on which way the wind blows, or maybe 1x data, but it jumps around so much it basically disables the ability to use WiFi calling since you cannot force it due to carrier restrictions. It is preferred only, but the network will ALWAYS prefer a cellular signal over WiFi for whatever reason. It is ridiculous yes, but not a Samsung or phone maker issue. I ended up getting an extender through Verizon for free because of it.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I should also probably point out that Verizon is retiring their CDMA service as of January 1st. It will continue to work only for existing customers until they replace their phones. That leaves Sprint as the only CDMA carrier left because the technology is inferior and has already been abandoned by everyone else who previously used it.

Jesset5
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

On AT&T, S10+, Android 10(& Android 9), WiFi affects MMS. Either it makes downloading MMS slow or stops. I have to turn off WiFi then manually download messages.

It's super annoying.

userP2bp1Fx7uZ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Greetings, 

This is still an ongoing issue! Samsung is refusing to see this as a problem. I spoke to senior managers higher ups and their response is "We have not heard of this issue". Thats their technical problem not adressing the situation. They're argument is or "policy" is to send the device to repair to Texas (atleast twice before getting a refund or new device) That is the whole problem with samsung why Apple is ahead. I do not like apples limitation thats why I haven't and wont switch but Samsung you guys are killing us this is a $1.000 device WORK WITH YOUR engineers to find a resolution.
Current workaround:

In your Dial pad type in *#2263# (for stock devices) ##3282# for carier devices. Go under LTE and Disable band 25 and 41 go Back save and apply. Test it out. 

NichBoyce
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Since I've joined this forum I've seen too many threads with "Solved" posted to them.  Then when you check them out you find some answer from one of the Samsung reps.  Most of them don't even say anything or have advice.  I truly feel they should just stay off the boards if they aren't going to help. 

I wasn't able to get either of the codes mentioned in your reply to work for me.  I've seen codes like this before and they usually end the same way they start (i.e. *#...#*, ##...##) so I also tried them that way and was still unsuccessful. 

Samsung_4yzCPPy
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is great