Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userdDVL4q2Kxc
Asteroid

Re: T-Mobile S10 Plus network connectivity

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi there.

I'm in T-Mobile Serice carrier and I'm having the same poor service (data/voice) reception from my "New SG S10+ in areas where my old SG S8+ never had such issues.  I do not think it is related to T-Mobile, but the built-in hardware on these devices.  Noticed too that my Wi-Fi signal from the cell is not as good as my old SG S8+.  This really s...ks, since this is a $1300+ cell phone and now this is happening.  I'm very disapointed; and the worst thing, is that... if they are replacing your cell... they will be sending you "REFURBISHED one" . I would really hate to hear they will be sending refurbished units.  They must send brand new ones, if the will ever consider replacing my cell phone.

Please, note that T-Mobile suppport went through some trobleshootings, and they reset the Networking settings (all of them) and the problem still percists.   Good thing I still have my old phone and I can assure/compare, my old phone has way better reception.   Definitively this new phone may have a chip w/cheap quality or some sofware/firmware updates may be a need.  Samsun, plase, help and get these issues resolved as soon as possible; because I'm getting very often dropped calls, LOTS of buffering when playing videos, etc. while on Data networks.

I never had this issues before with my old SG S8+

Thank you

usernZNQ7svEyh
Cosmic Ray

Re: T-Mobile S10 Plus network connectivity

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue. Samsung is horrible! I've gone back and forth with them. I had to disable bands 2 and 4 in the service menu #*2263# on T-Mobile and it will work. Sometimes it still will connect to bands 2 and 4 even when I have disabled it. 

I've done a factory reset, I've had the firmware reinstalled, essentially like getting a new phone out of the box. Taken every update and even had T-Mobile re-provision my SIM card (4 times) and still no fix! 

I think Samsung made a bad batch of phones and won't admit it. Screw the constant, "software update" will fix it. It hasn't. I'm stuck because I pre-ordered it and Samsung will do nothing about replacing it. 

Pmclaughlin
Constellation

Mine with sprint did exsct same thing, after multiple upd...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine with sprint did exsct same thing, after multiple updates they replaced it. Not a Samsung issue, it is a sprint issue. I am not getting calls or messages for days. They say they are upgrading 5g and the S10 is supposedly the only phones having issues. I still get a constant No Mobile carrier found failure error. Happens at least a dozen times a day. I got a line on At&t as well, no hiccups, no dropped calls and 5g is awesome LEAVE SPRINT as soon as you can.

usernZNQ7svEyh
Cosmic Ray

Re: Mine with sprint did exsct same thing, after multiple upd...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's the phone, not Sprint. I was on Sprint and left to got to T-Mobile and it followed the phone. I left for other reasons though.... 

usernc3wkJx9IV
Constellation

Re: Mobile data and wifi issues - All Carriers

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Try putting the phone in airplane mode, leaving it in airplane mode with the mobile radios off, turn on wifi but not mobile radios, make sure wifi calling is checked to enable. Your phone should then connect to WiFi calling again.

I've been battling this issue for a couple weeks now. I use my phone in the Dominican Republic to call the USA. Highly frustrating.

You might also consider changing your text messaging app to the Google messages app as it texts over WiFi.

Lee

@Savededa wrote:

Let me start by saying I've escalated 3 tiers of tech support through sprint directly before I landed here. 

I have a s10+ and my wife has a s10. Our mobile data connection where we live isn't the best and rely heavily on wifi.

WiFi calling is somehow conflicting with sprints network. I drop calls anytime I use it as well as get a location timeout message from the wifi calling app. 

I also cannot send mms via wifi, only data which worked on my note 8 and s9. 

Calls drop often whether on wifi calling or mobile network. Sprint believes this to be a device issue. My daughter's LG tribute (free phone) can send mms via wifi and has zero issue with wifi calling. Multiple people on sprint community also experiencing same issues. 

I have updated prl as well as profile and refreshed network settings on my side as well on carrier. I'm seeing multiple reports of other s10s having similar problems.

Just bought 2 phones that pick and chose when they want to work for a whole lot of money. 

userpoCiRL3Thf
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue.  I am on wifi, then I leave the wifi zone.  Then no network (T-Mobile) data.  I have to put the phone into airplane mode and take it out.  Then I have network data.  It is very frustrating to do this multiple times a day.  I did not have this problem with my Note9.  It is very frustrating.  I was hopeful that the new May 1 update would fix this.   Smiley Sad Oddly, voice has no issues.  

Jenkinsr
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Since they know its an issue how long till they release the update.  I am closing in on a month with no data connection, text and call issues?  Figured samsung would be all over this quickly...

user83OTqimZim
Constellation

S10 Signal and Connectivity Issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recently upgraded from the S7 to the S10 and is experiencing signal and connection issues.  With the S7, I did not have an issue.  However, with the S10, I am having issues to the point that I have to move closer to a window to get good signal to complete a phone call or access an App.  I am not sure if this is a network issue with my mobile carrier, Tmobile, or a phone issue.  As mentioned before, I did not have this issue while I am in a building with the S7.  Once I am outside with the S10 all is well.   I am not sure if recent updates addressed this issue, if it was suppose to, I did not see any change.  Please advise on how this issue can be resolved.

userbCbQOz67tL
Constellation

TMobile is the problem. U may want to have them send you...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

TMobile is the problem. U may want to have them send you a signal booster

user83OTqimZim
Constellation

Re: TMobile is the problem. U may want to have them send you...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you. I will contact Tmobile.