cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userpe1Fq5bKqP
Astronaut

Re: Mobile data and wifi issues - All Carriers

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There are so many internal software and apps updates which just suck off all data.

Go to google apps (Quickelink) and stop updates. Only use over wifi.

Thanks

Kunal

EducatedFungus
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I know this isn't going to be helpful but the problem.is most likely your carrier. Sprint is a vestigial organ left over from the 80's long distance telecom boom. Every year they get smaller and their coverage is keeping in step with the company size. Good luck, maybe consider changing to anything but sprint.

userkgc2ck9BUN
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm not going to beat around the bush --- we all know there is a HUGE known issue with the S10+ and some network carriers. My carrier tells me it is Samsung's problem to fix and Samsung live chat tells me there is no known issue and to report it to this community. I am so beyond annoyed and frustrated at this point.

I have already returned by S10+ once to Sprint, my wife's S10 works like a charm, we know it is the S10+ issue. I have tried everything, update PRL, update profile, factory reset, disable band 41, disable band 25, disable BOTH bands...literally NOTHING works. Data doesn't work, no network issues, texting doesn't work. 

How is it possible Samsung can put out a phone and have it NOT work?? Or is it the carrier's problem?? I wish I  knew because both companies point fingers at eachother with no real solution.

ALL I want to know is when the update is expected to be sent to Samsung S10+ users. My return window for this is by the end of today. 

I talked to a Live Chat agent yesterday here at Samsung who told me the fix is being worked on and I'll know more today, then I JUST talked to a Samsung chat agent who told me there is no reported issues (which we all know is not correct).. So which is it Samsung? 

I don't know why Samsung and/or the carriers cannot give us an ETA> is it going to be weeks or days? 

userBxBDEtrbjv
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having same issue. No help

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Must be SPR related. I didn't have to disable anything on TMO with my unlocked S10+. I only changed the APN since the default one was inaccurate.

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.
userkgc2ck9BUN
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What is SPR??

Also, how do I know if the APN is incorrect?

I have Sprint - and they have only told me to update PRL and update Profile, which both did absolutely nothing. 

I just wish SAmsung or Sprint would give us an ETA instead of ignoring the problem that so many people are having (quick Google search shows lots of complaints)

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SPR is the code for Sprint (VZ, ATT, TMB, XAA, etc). You'd have to check the APN and mobile network mode manually. 

Screenshot_20190325-090358_Phone.jpg

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.
userkgc2ck9BUN
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks. I would think this would have been Sprint's first go-to had it been the APN; however, to rule that issue out, I will check my APN settings against my wives phone on Sprint that works great to see if maybe it is an APN issue.

My battery dies so quick because it is just constantly searching for a network. Sigh. 

There has to be SOMEONE working on this issue that has an ETA for an update push.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

OTA is definitely coming. The S10 skipped the March security patch, so Samsung must have something planned. 

userkgc2ck9BUN
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I sure hope you are right!! I just wish someone from samsung or sprint would chime in to ease all their upset customers because I'm on the verge of switching completely from samsung AND sprint.