cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Mobile data and wifi issues - All Carriers

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, for me it has!  I have not had any call or data issues at all. Now, I will clarify something though. I originally did notice some issues when I first got my phone back on March 6. For instance, weak signals in one part of my house that I never had with any other phone with Verizon. I didn't think anything of it, just thought it was weather conditions or something. (Lot of snow in the northeast the past few weeks.)

When I went to the Verizon store to see if I could get the diagnostic dialer codes working, they DID replace my SIM. I had put the one that was in my S9 into my new S10+. I haven't had any reception problems in my house at all now. Was it weather (now that spring MAY be here) or the new SIM?? One could say it was the SIM. HTH

userbV6YkxtkyX
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have an unlocked s10 on Verizon and started experiencing these same issues a couple days ago. Phone has not been able to connect to the network since. Verizon support wasn't able to fix the issue

userIliQt4VhQO
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is my experience...

These phones are faulty as heck and Sammy needs to recall... I've had 3 units by now all brand new unlocked s10+ all with the same exact issue...

Not a carrier problem, I repeat not a carrier problem... I'm using it on Boost Mobile powered by Sprint and this thing is not "mobile" at all, internet is sooo horrible its pretty much not there, I turn off band 25 and 41 and stay on band 26 which gives me very slow but stable connection so I can at least get work emails and mms but definitly no video streaming or even properly surfing the web.

Yesterday my friend whos with AT&T on an iphone 7 was sitting next to me pulling nearly 100mbps, so I asked him if I can put his SIM card in my phone and so I did and boom same exact problem that thing couldn't pull a full 1mbp! it was on band 2 with the AT&T SIM card and just struggling to pull any data.

So again I repeat this is not a carrier issue, these phones are very faulty and do not connect to network!

Kern county Central California location.

LANcort
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would love to agree with you on it not being the carrier problem but, it might be a mix of software and carrier problem. I had the phone since March 6th, no issues till 24th. From 24th till yesterday after noon I had the issue, and still not since yesterday afternoon the issue has been gone. I am on T-Mobile, and purchased a pre-paid SIM from Verizon on Monday to test their network. Had the same identical issue on their network.

Right now, as of yesterday like I said T-Mobile works without the issue while if I plug in Verizon SIM I get the issue back. I am scheduled to receive a call back from T-Mobile Tier 3 tomorrow and I will update this post if they tell me they fixed something on their end.

userIliQt4VhQO
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'v tried 3 different unlocked units!

On 2 different carriers!

Thats just what I've experienced tho and I am lost and just as confused as every one else.

I love Samsung those phones are amazing! but not without data of course...

LANcort
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yeah I agree with you, I have not tried a different device because I refused to waste those 2 weeks without the phone. I will find out what T-Mobile did on their end and update you guys. As well will contact Verizon considering I still have that pre-paid SIM to test on. I just tested Verizon and it no longer works but when going back to T-Mobile it works again.

luvlyt
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine has gone from Bad to WORSE now ... in perpetual ROAM ... won't even connect to WIFI ... at home, in my chair where I work.   Calls dropping now ... delayed messages by several hours...I am at the point now ... I an ready to go Apple . . Would be different if Samsung stepped up,  did something,  said something ... MADE IT RIGHT ... but no,  their Silence is their Guilt!!!

Sprint at least has been in communication since the getgo with this issue,  calling every other day,  trying to troubleshoot ... all the while Samsung .... dead silent!!! NO ACCOUNTABILITY,  NO RESPONSIBILITY ... YEP .... I'm a bit peeved ... for lack of a more suitable word that would get my post Edited!!

Do "Samsung Mods" not go back to corporate and tell them what these boards say???  Curious?  Could a Samsung Moderator answer that?

userDYxhHC2pZy
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update: I received my warranty replacement from T-Mobile for my Galaxy S10+ yesterday. I was outside the 14 days, so I had to use the warranty replacement. So far, the new phone seems to be working without problems (no more mobile data issues). As expected, it is prompting me to update to the latest software...but I plan to delay that update as long as possible just in case that is a contributing factor to the data issues. 

user9b8xMnXRhk
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've gotten intermittent as anything lately.  Full bars and LTE?  Can't connect.  Two bars and 3G?  Just fine.  I've even had my connection showing as 1X on the display on my car when connected to the Android Auto app.  It's been better overall, but still not what I had with my S8+.

userUEj5BgD4mG
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does anyone know if there is someone to speak to at Samsung that isn't foreign actually speaks English, and has half a brain in their head?