cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Mobile data and wi-fi issues - Sprint

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userAniRvIxhhn wrote:

I owned a Galaxy S6 and I had wi-fi issues after the nougat system update. Samsung and Google would not help or take any responsibility. So I bought a Galaxy S9+ through T-Mobile and they used the Smart Switch app to transfer everything from the S6 to the S9+ and the wi-fi issue migrated to the new S9+. No one could fix the issue nor take responsibility, so I went to T- Mobile and demanded the phone get replaced and T-Mobile homered the warranty and replaced the phone(S9+). When I received my new S9+ I did not use Smart Switch to transfer all of my information (contacts and all other info) to my S9+ and my new S9+ has "NO" issues at all.

To everyone who has issues and their phone is under warranty. Take the phone back to the store wherever you bought it and demand a replacement and do not take no for an answer, be firm but polite! Transfer all your contacts yourself but do not use Smart Switch to do the transfer! Transer all your information the same way and if you have the exact same problem as described in the above message, then I would suggest you firmly request a refund as the operating system may have gotten corrupted from the factory where it was assembled. You will be told this is impossible, but believe me, it happens because everyone is in a big rush to get the latest greatest operating system and phone to the consumer. All Respectable and Honorable companies that sell products to the public that are under warranty will either fix the issue or refund your money. The S-10 was just released this year and is under a manufacturer 's warranty. You can contact your state's attorney general's office to locate who you complain to when a seller or manufacturer does not honor a warranty. Some States have a consumer complaints office that will advise you of your rights or assist you with getting a seller or manufacturer to honor their warranty. Please be polite but firm with everyone you talk to for help and you will get good results. You can use social media or your local TV station to alert people about the problem you are having and this can also get great results. Sellers and Manufacturers do not want bad public relations. Do not to forget to contact your better business bureau or similar agency.

yours is a good explanation.

I would like to add that if smart switch (or any other backup app) is migrating a bug or glitch from an old phone to a brand new one, then a full factory reset should restore the new phone to its pristine condition.    This can be easily confirmed before exchanging the phone under warranty.

my 2 cents.

mito
userAniRvIxhhn
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry this was not your problem but it definitely was mine. I feel sad for all of you who are suffering because I suffered until I ran some tests and found the problem, then demanded a new phone replacement. I listened to all tiers of techs from several sources and had to take a more proactive direction. I will not ever go and use any tech support for a new phone problem in the future! I will immediately demand a refund and not waste precious time. The longer the companies can stall, the harder it is getting your money back. Document and copy every correspondence from day one. I mean this heart felt, good luck.

userUryprDeRzS
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I too had issues on my s10+ as soon as I took the update mid March.  I made it back to Best Buy 1 day before 14 day exchange period.  They had no clue about this issue until the Samsung rep on site @ best buy started calling his "guys".  He confirmed the problem, but no resolution of course.  They did exchange my phone and I have NOT taken the update yet at this time.  Phone seems to be working ok.  Keep on hitting "later" when it says update is avail.  I agree with earlier posts...  where is Samsung in this thread?  Why are you not assisting and updating the community?  Pulling 5 lines all with Sammy devices with sprint right now....  ready to move carriers and dump all Samsung products due to this issue.  Very disappointing.  They need to realize this reputation issue will ripple through all product lines.

userhGP9emuxhX
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes if they dont fix it I will stop using all samsung products. Will go to Apple for the 1st time

userK2Lxp12WXn
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, I am having the same issue but mostly at work at my auto body shop.

It would be nice to get this fixed Smiley Sad

usereT3y5RjCwm
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is happening to me too, from day 1.  I wanted to memorialize this on this thread because the phone is performing absolutely poorly.  Oh, just FYI, it works wonderfully it roams on another carrier's bands..., I got flawless service on ATT when my unlocked S10+ has a Sprint SIM card. 

No I did not force roaming, it just happened that way.  Obviously something is wrong with this phone. 

Tried everyone's fixes to no avail.

userqNNwx3hEPM
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Still having problems enjoying the past-times that keeps me moving. I hate my Galaxy s10+ At this point I wish I had gone another route with my upgraded. 'Support' can be condescending when I say, 'I'm unable to play Pokemon Go '. As if they are saying, 'is that all...are you able to make calls?' Well I say if all I wanted to do was make calls only then I would have gotten a flip phone! I most definitely would not be paying $1000 to just be able to make sporadic call WHEN OR IF the phone happens to connect to Sprint's mobile network. I'm quite tired of ...'it's their fault' mentality of both Samsung and Sprint. AS IT STANDS THE SERVICES AND DEVICE CAPABILITIES DON'T LIVE UP TO WHAT I THOUGHT I WAS PERCHASING BASED ON SPRINT AND SAMSUNG'S ADVERTISEMENT! I want a fix as of MARCH 20, 2019! Is that too much to ask?
Samsung_VO9Dxll
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also have sprint with my S10+ and I've been getting the run around from both sprint and Samsung...Asurion offered to replace my phone since I'm past my 14 days...but I have to pay 275 which sprint will later credit to my account 🙄. Seriously we shouldn't have to PAY ANYTHING FOR AN ISSUE WE DIDN'T CAUSE

I disabled my bands 25 and 41 for now..but when at work my phone still ROAMS. I dont like Apple but I just might have to switch after this issue

userLtUk2qWNKf
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Samsung_VO9Dxll 

I went through asurion because neither sprint nor Samsung wanted to fix the issue. I didnt get charged one dime and they actually replaced my device twice the first 2 didnt work the third one is working.  

userYljnkuYlEB
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

who is asurion? did u buy it there or? best buy sprint samsung all giving me run around.