cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
luvlyt
Halo

Re: Mobile data and wifi issues - All Carriers

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@RedDragon ... I've tried sending pics from the new camera and I get a  WIFI CALLING location timeout and the "timer" next to pic,  just spins ... it has suggested to set to high accuracy (I've done that) ... Others send me pics and they are MMS and I can't open

Today when I was out ... I was able to send a pic,  tried a minute later,  failed.   

My 8+ never ever had these issues.   Like everyone else,  I received my phone on March 6th, the s10+ / 1TB

Thank you so much for all your help! Smiley Happy

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@luvlyt Okay I have found recently an issue about sending pictures. Open camera app and go to settings under pictures tap "save options" and then disabled HEIF photo format. This format is not MMS friendly.

20190319_222137.jpg20190319_222104.jpg

luvlyt
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@RedDragon it was already disabled ... :/   you would think these phones would work like a charm after all the hype ... and now I'm reading more and more issues.   Any more thoughts ... Smiley Wink

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@luvlyt I have S10+ on at&t and I am not really experienceing what sprint customers have. Sprint Network has been unstable whenever new devices come out because it needs to register to their network other 3 Carriers you don't really have to.

luvlyt
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I kept getting emails to activate from Samsung,  rather than store,  however I went directly to sprint store and like most,  worked great first few days then it's like a bug took over certain aspects .. wifi calling,  MMS messages  Connection

luvlyt
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@RedDragonHit send by mistake.  They are pointing fingers at each other, leaving customers frustrated.   I just want a phone that works.   I think they "load" way too much on them adding to confusion ... so I suppose it's a waiting game now.   I'm going to call tomorrow to see if I can get replacement.   We shall see!  You've been so diligent with helping me.   Smiley Wink  thank you!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Knock on wood here. I'm on the Sprint network in a fairly small market and my VOLTE is out of beta and working fine here.  Also no issues with wifi or mobile data. In fact it's much more stable than my S9 ever was. I'd be lucky to have 2 bars of service in my house and now I'm at a steady 4 bars with no loss so far.  I do have VOLTE enabled and wifi calling disabled if that makes a difference. I also have not enabled "force mobile data always on"  in developer options as it's working fine without doing that. 

I have only had the phone since yesterday so no guarentees but so far so good. 

luvlyt
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@RedDragon ...Hi RD ... I have to take phone back to sprint store ... it is either a corrupted SIM CARD or it was not activated properly.  Spoke to 3 Samsung people today.   After checking the obvious,  and everything you helped me with,  they /we derived at the SIM CARD issue.   Will wor again after I visit store!  Thank you!!

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@luvlyt So did the sim card replacement solved the puzzle?.. I never been to sprint nor have ever use sprint but from what i know sprint sim card needs to match or compatable with the specific device you have and I think this is because every device has a specific  features but to me that is non-sense sprint must be using old technology cdma for that issue to blame with.

luvlyt
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@RedDragon ...we'll find out tomorrow! LOL... if still does not work to my liking. I will request a new phone!  We shall see!!😉