cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Re: Re: Mobile data and wifi issues - All Carriers

JUMP TO SOLUTION

***Update from Samsung today. 

I have been having the same problem. Pre ordered unlocked S10+ directly from Samsung, used it perfectly on the Sprint network until an update at end of March. Phone heated up and couldn't stay on LTE... only roaming with no signal. Sprint wouldn't help, Samsung referred me to the youbreakIfix place. They told me they could not fix, and that Samsung would need to send it back to have RF signals reset or something. 

I just called Samsung back today and this time the rep was very open about the widespread problem and this time acknowledged he knew exactly what was going on, unlike the last time. The rep today says that they will not send the phone in for repairs and that I need to wait for a software update. He stated it would be pushed out from 2 days to 2 weeks from now and I would just have to wait. He said he is "100% certain" that the software update will fix this problem that everyone is having. 

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
After a month of being bounced around, I went into the Sprint corporate headquarters store and they put in to replace my S10 plus and my S10 e phone. The phones are on backorder but I should receive it in 14 business days.
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userap4jti2vBn I have the same situation as you. My phone just got an update but I guarantee it isn't the one that fixes it. Because my LTE is actually worse after the update and I quickly disabled bands 25 and 41. Hopefully the next update is as close as they say....

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just bought two note 9s, Left ATT and went to sprint. Service was PERFECT at first. 4 days later on March 27th I was told to update the phones. Now with FULL bars and LTE i cant browse, simple text messages wont send, MMS get delivered days later, and calls are dropped. I was seriously about to go back to ATT and return these phones to sprint, but apparently it's not a provider issue...its a SAMSUNG ISSUE! To think...I use to work for this company. I'm livid and seriously considering getting an LG or Google pixel. This is some BS

Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@GodsGab wrote:

I just bought two note 9s, Left ATT and went to sprint. Service was PERFECT at first. 4 days later on March 27th I was told to update the phones. Now with FULL bars and LTE i cant browse, simple text messages wont send, MMS get delivered days later, and calls are dropped. I was seriously about to go back to ATT and return these phones to sprint, but apparently it's not a provider issue...its a SAMSUNG ISSUE! To think...I use to work for this company. I'm livid and seriously considering getting an LG or Google pixel. This is some BS

The Note 9 is having the same issue?

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is bull!!! I contacted Samsung yesterday. They said I can't do anything until WHENEVER they send out the update (which they have no idea when). Makes me want to give iPhone a try. Oh and it's only happening with sprint customers.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My phone just ran the new update this morning. Did not fix the problem despite Samsung telling me last night that 100% it would fix the problem. Still no LTE or data that works. 

Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Got my first updates last night, unlocked sprint.  One was the ASD3 (installed), the other is the biometric (did not install yet).  I have a magic box and great wifi at home, so it's running great.  will report back after leaving the house. 

Additionally, i spoke with sprint again (OK city) yesterday.  He assured me that Sprint, Sammy, and best buy all know about this issue.  He told me that i could make a claim through assurion, even though i use geek squad insurance, not sprints, pay $75, get a new phone, and he'd give me a $75 bill credit.  It would obviously be a sprint locked.  Dude gave me his direct line so i think he was serious.  He also said that best buy should cooperate and process a free exchange since they recieved the memo from sammy on 4/7 about the "faulty" phones.   Going to BB again sounds like a load of fun.   If ASD3 still fails to connect, i'll call sammy first then best buy corporate.  If all of that fails, i guess i'll try for a sprint locked.    

Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Forgot....since i hadn't recieved a software push since i bought the phone,  one rep told me to go to samsung.com to download the new software.  No, this mornging it still shows the january update.  Smart switch doesn't show a software update either, even when the biometric update is waiting on my phone to be downloaded.  If anyone tells you that's a way to get software faster, they don't know what they're talking about. 

Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you serious????? Best buy got the memo? Geek squard told me 250 to replace the phone or take it up with Samsung, best buy had done me so badly, I will never buy from.them again. And Samsung give me a run around, assurion is mailing me a phone but is back order right now, and the update u speak off?????? Asd3???? I don't have that I have ac08, is this the new update that they coming out Tuesday or update that for unlocked phone???????