cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Read contents of SD card on my computer without removing the SD card

I just bought a S10. My 1st Samsung smartphone!

I want to back up everything on my phone. I want to back up settings, apps, text messages, Samsung Notes, photos, videos, etc. I prefer a single app. And free! I read online that Google Drive won't back up the phone's contents just photos, videos & documents.

I successfully installed Samsung Smart Switch on my Mac mini but try as I may, Smart Switch refused to connect my phone to my Mac so, I uninstalled it.

I read online that Android File Transfer transfers 1 file at a time. I installed it on my Mac. I didn't see any text message files or Samsung Notes files.

The phone is in an Otterbox case & it would be a nuisance to take the case apart just to access the SD card tray. And then put the case back together again. And do that every time that I want to access the SD card tray. (I do have a SD card reader with a USB plug.)

So, is it possible somehow to read the contents of the SD card on my Mac while the SD card is still in its tray?

There are a number of apps that can access the phone's contents but which ones can backup everything to a computer, flash drive or the cloud?

I noticed that both Samsung Cloud & Google Drive are on my phone. Will Samsung cloud back up everything- settings, apps, text messages, Samsung Notes, photos, videos, etc?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Read contents of SD card on my computer without removing the SD card

Yes And I would suggest you to use OTG Pendrive 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Yes And I would suggest you to use OTG Pendrive

Yes, Samsung Cloud can back up everything or Yes it's possible to read a SD card on my Mac while the SD card is still in the phone? I have a feeling that it isn't possible to read the contents of a SD card on my Mac while the SD card is in the phone. But I could be wrong.

I was just reading online about Samsung Smart Switch. One website stated that Android File Transfer must be installed. I don't think that Android File Transfer was installed when I tried Samsung Smart Switch. I still have the .dmg. So,I can give Smart Switch another try.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I need to get into my Google account and it want let me.This is anew phone the other one was sten