cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tiffcs
Asteroid

Read messages and settings !

Hello! I noticed my messages are teal colored and in my friends phone its blue, I cant change this. I also cant see if someone has read my messages. I have limited settings in my messages. And I dont have rich communication settings or chat settings ? How can I fix this ?  

9 REPLIES 9
Honored Contributor

Re: Read messages and settings !

@Tiffcs wrote:

Hello! I noticed my messages are teal colored and in my friends phone its blue, I cant change this. I also cant see if someone has read my messages. I have limited settings in my messages. And I dont have rich communication settings or chat settings ? How can I fix this ?  

1) So it always worked(RCS) and recently stopped?

2) What is your carrier and which S10 do you have(unlocked or carrier branded)?

Tiffcs
Asteroid

It did work before. I noticed it would work with certain contacts.  Guessing bec they also had samsung. I have ATT and I bought my phone thru an ATT store

StoicChoco
Constellation

Your phone is either sending messages through wifi or its using RCS. Nothing to worry about.

Tiffcs
Asteroid

I hardly use wifi. Dont have it at work.  What's RCS?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for reaching out. I would recommend reaching out to your carrier for further assistance.

Tiffcs
Asteroid

Thank you !

Honored Contributor

@Tiffcs wrote:

I hardly use wifi. Dont have it at work.  What's RCS?

It is Rich Communication Services

Oh, couple of days ago there was a thread about Advanced messaging where few users with ATT  had an issue with RCS not working properly. 

Shayx4x89
Astronaut

My boyfriend also has the blue message bubble and "read" message option. His software on his Note 10 plus is running something like 1.5 One UI and my s10 plus is running 1.1 One UI and I don't know how to update my phone to run what his phone has for those features. 😕

Honored Contributor

@Shayx4x89 wrote:

My boyfriend also has the blue message bubble and "read" message option. His software on his Note 10 plus is running something like 1.5 One UI and my s10 plus is running 1.1 One UI and I don't know how to update my phone to run what his phone has for those features. 😕

Is he using Samsung Messages(default app) or maybe Android messages(google)?