cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
qhennessey
Constellation

Read receipt confirmation error

I just up graded from the Galaxy S7 to the S10 Plus. Every time I send or receive a text message I also get a notification asking if I would like to turn on read confirmation.  I do NOT ever want to send a read confrontation. Read receipts is turned off in my settings, I've spoken to a 1800samsung rep who remotely accessed my phone and cleared the cache and data. This only restored the phone back to default settings ( turned read confirmation on). I've done a factory reset and even spoke to ifixit rep who advised this is a device feature and not an issue with the device.  Do anyone know how to turn this feature off?

3 REPLIES 3
userdO8n338yMO
Constellation

I have the same phone and I never have that problem. I su...

I have the same phone and I never have that problem. I suggest you go back to the place where you purchased it. Let them fix the issue or have it replaced.

Exodus425
Constellation

Re: Read receipt confirmation error

I've had this problem since the last big update with the new google theme layout.  I've asked around and even samsung and every solution seems to result in turning this feature back on.  Samsung does not plan on fixing this issue and will blame on 'third party applications' causing this issue.

usererD4ocM7EM
Constellation

Re: Read receipt confirmation error

Its a toal glitch and samsung failure. My solution was to dump Samsung Messages (which I liked before this issue) and start using TEXTRA