JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Read receipt, delivery receipt and typing status

(Topic created on: 10/5/20 5:53 PM)
user7c8KSoXsAM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S10

My wife and I both own the Galaxy S10. Since the last update the messaging program looks and acts different. We no longer receive delivery status or read receipts while texting eachother. We have restarted phone turned advanced msging features on and off and on again but nothing works. We have AT&T for service but this issue only arose after the latest samsung update. Also noticed that chrome looks completely different as well.... any help would be appreciated.

17 Replies
RuthyJ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S10
I have Galaxy s10+ with Sprint/Tmobile and just realized my read receipts were not working either. alot of my phone looks different since the last update.
userrxSU3qv8yz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S10

I have Verizon and have the same issue.  After the update, I don't have the read receipt setting on my text messages but the delivery receipt option is still there.  I restarted twice and no luck - any other suggestions?

MrsWilkes
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S10
Same here, my note 10 and husband's not 10 plus no longer have the read receipts after the update. So frustrating. It sounds like a Samsung issue.
HadyBeeb
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S10
I just got the fold2 and my read receipt is not working. nor is the option to turn it on in message settings. is this an issue or is it not available on the fold 2
0 Likes
RkyMtnBaby
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S10
I have the s9 plus with all RCS settings turned on and tested messages between various Android devices.

For person (1) there are no delivery or read receipts on either side.

Person (2) I can see that the message was delivered and that they read my message but they can't see when I read their message.

Person (3) it all works as expected.

Spent hours on the phone with t-mobile, we reset the security settings and accessibility settings but nothing helped. They are sending me a replacement but after reading this thread I'm not convinced that a replacement device will solve the issue.
0 Likes
KimKulzBurt
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S10
We are having the same problems too. I have an s9+, my son and husband both have s20. All of our read reciepts have stopped working. Everything was working fine until the last update. No one seems to know what the problem is
0 Likes
userbNzpVkxML8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S10

I guess its the update, because it isn't working for my husband and I any more :unamused_face: I hope they bring it back

0 Likes
FishMark
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S10
Same problem With my S10 on T. Mobile.
0 Likes