cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Really bad picture quality on my S10+ rear cameras

I can't even figure out why the picture quality is so low and the screen still lags.

Highlighted
Constellation

No wonder when I'm taking pics of documents. I have adjust colors. Specially white, the lettering is horrible. I read that Samsung will send to the S10+ an update to fix some issues and add some S20 features. And they will send it out at the end of the month.

Highlighted
Constellation

Another user in the 'very disappointed' camp here. Came to the S10 plus from a pixel 3. I hoped for similar (maybe even better) image quality but with the benefit of a wide and telephoto lens. The cameras are pretty decent for taking pics of landscapes /architecture etc outdoors where there's lots of light. But point the camera at a person and the image will look terrible, no matter how good the light. Skin tones are unnaturally bright flat and lack contrast, as well as being soft. The image processing is definitely doing lots of 'beautyfying' even with all beauty modes turned off (magic wand icon). Highlights blow out on the subject's skin very easily, sometimes resulting in this 'greasy skin' look.

Pro mode could resolve some of these issues in theory, but in practice its a bit of a pain and takes too long to dial in a good result.

In poorer lighting the camera is too keen to lower the shutter speed (and not raise ISO) resulting in even blurrier photos.

The telephoto camera only makes matters worse when it comes to portraits: only more face details and contrast gets lost.

All this is a kick in the teeth, because there's lot of other things to like about the phone, but I value a good camera highly, and the results of s10s are beyond unacceptable, especially given the price. I'm glad I kept my pixel 3 as I've gone back to using it now. Dipping my toe into Samsung's S-series has definitely put me off them a brand.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Same here. Had the galaxy S6 Edge and it shoots better pics than the galaxy s10 that i got now. Really strange is even checking the same photo, i can zoom in closer (without the photo getting pixelated and blurry)  with the S6 than the S10. 5 year gap thousand dollar phone and we get this? 

Highlighted
Constellation

Your description is very true , never seen worst camera . 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Same problem with my Samsung S10. I tried all the recommended fixes, still bad. Extremely disappointing.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Hi. Did you manage to get this issue solved. Mine is driving me mad. It's hard to get a photo of my baby smiling then when I do his face looks all blocky 

@userAo1LzfXmff wrote:

Hello guys,

I just got my Samsung Galaxy S10+ and I am noticing that the picture quality of the rear camera are not good at all. Every time I take a picture, the images look grainy, pixelated, and blurred.

Is anyone else experiencing the same issue? My previous phone was the Samsung Galaxy S6+ and the camera on that phone was incredible, so as of now I am a little dissapointed on the phone.

Highlighted
Constellation

Im having the same problem. I tried to return it through my warranty and he said there was nothing wrong with the camera. I bought this phone to replace my samsung s7 (which the battery overheated on that one) and i wanted a good camera to take pictures of my new born. I guess im going to waste more money and buy another phone, but this time an iPhone.  

Highlighted
Asteroid

I went with the Google Pixel 4 and I can tell you that the pictures are amazing! Very happy with the switch!

Highlighted
Constellation

I also have the same issue with my s10 plus. photos are only best when i go to very lit areas or outside in the sun then id get better quality photos. But even when i take photos in day time but inside a building for some reason the quality drops if its in a building. But outside is best. But video quality still looks blurry even in 4k option and outside. Thankfully i didnt pay $1000 for mine i got open box brand new for $540. I might return it before the 15 day return period and probably try to get something else. Either an iphone xs max or 11 pro or a oneplus phone. Tho ill miss the headphone jack on my s10 plus