cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Re: Really bad picture quality on my S10+ rear cameras

My fiancee and I just got new phones, I got I just got a galaxy s10+ and she got a normal iphone 11 and I have to say I agree with all the posts here, the camera on the s10 is BAD. Its so grainy and lacks detail no matter what I try or setting I am in. It looks like it is taking pictures circa 2006 and by the looks of it the note 10 isnt taking anything better.  Samsung please do something about this. How do you expect to compete with apple? To be honest Im debating returning this, its kinda unnaceptable for this much money to have picture quality this poor. 

Constellation

I have the same problem. Purchased less than a week ago and horrible blurred image quality from the get-go. I have my carrier (rogers) sending me a new phone but after seeing this thread I'm nervous that my note10+ isn't a one-off lemon. My note 8 was awesome, I regret selling it after purchasing this note 10 plus. I may have to totally return this phone and switch to iPhone as I use my camera for work to send images to clients. Here's an photo I took today of my dog sitting still, in a well lit, indoor setting.. I'm speechless at how terrible it is and extremely disappointed at the hassle I feel I will have going forward. SAD!!!!20191206_145953.jpg

Constellation

Yes I'm afraid that is just Samsung Galaxy cameras for you, always out of focus, over exposed and lacking detail. Don't expect any kind of software fix to address this. 

I've owned the s6, s7, s9 and s10 and in my opinion the s6 was the last phone that could compete with flagships of the time (and even them the iPhone was better in low light).

The s9 was absolutely awfull, the S10 camera is an improvement but still not a patch on Huawei, Apple or Googles efforts. 

So why do I keep buying Samsung Galexys?!? Because apart from the the camera, I think they're the best phones on the market, for value, build quality and software stability. Apple I wouldn't go near purely because of cost. Google I tried the Pixel 2, the camera was great but build quality was terrible, I did 7 warranty returns in a 24 month warranty period. Huawei, No. Sony, No. 

Each year I get more tempted to stump up for and iPhone but I always give Samsung another try based on their camera claims.

Constellation

I had an S6 before this S10+. I really miss my S6, it took amazing photos. If my S6 was still alive I would be using it instead, regardless of the terrible battery life and slow processing speed. The camera is the most important think on a phone for me.

Constellation

Upgraded from the S8, and this camera is a noticeable step backward. The photos look like they were painted with a brush they're so blurry. I tried turning off all the processing effects, and taking photos in the daylight. No change. For a thousand dollar phone it's an embarrassment that phones 4yrs older take better photos. 

@userAo1LzfXmff wrote:

Hello guys,

I just got my Samsung Galaxy S10+ and I am noticing that the picture quality of the rear camera are not good at all. Every time I take a picture, the images look grainy, pixelated, and blurred.

Is anyone else experiencing the same issue? My previous phone was the Samsung Galaxy S6+ and the camera on that phone was incredible, so as of now I am a little dissapointed on the phone.

Constellation

Get gcam

Constellation

Same issue I just upgraded from an S8+ and the picture quality is horrendous especially in the night. Is there a fix for this or this will be my last Samsung.. I've been loyal since the S2

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@usertpvVYCLFJz Does this issue still persist when your phone is in safe mode?

Constellation

I've always had Samsung phones, but I won't be buying another Samsung after this fiasco either. $1000+ for a terrible camera. Never again.

Constellation

You are absolutely right, I hope this problem will be solved in a future update, although it should have been the case since a long time otherwise I will draw curtains on Samsung phones, it's a real step back very upset.