cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userWDrZ3Xnmqs
Constellation

Re: Really bad picture quality on my S10+ rear cameras

I agree the camera is terrible. Coming from an iPhone XS Max. We went out over the weekend and I was taking pictures of my wife and I and skin tones were all nasty and looks like a beauty mode was on, even after I turned that off. It took me 20 mins to make 1 picture look half way decent. EVERYTHING about this phone is fantastic and I was going to switch to it but the camera is one of the most important things of my phone. What a bummer. I have owned every generation of S line and Note line and this is probably the worst of them all (for their time frames when other phones were out).

userdO8TjLyMHm
Astronaut

Yes...my Galaxy 10 plus takes terrible photos. I think i will take it back.

userNTxbNZek9H
Astronaut

I'm also disappointed with my rear s10+ camera. My original phone I bought was fine. Then it broke and was sent a new one and the camera isn't performing well. I had them send me a new one but its refurbished. I'm hoping that one works better.  If not Samsung is really screwing up.

userw5zelUL3Il
Astronaut

Yesss I agree with you !! I am very disappointed  with this Camara!!! I I heard so much good about it ,and my pictures are blurry  ,poor focusing, very grainy !! Embarrassed to say this is the new s10 to my apple friends!!!  This will be the last samsung phone I will buy if it's like that!!

userE8R1We1FXQ
Cosmic Ray

Same here. My S9 camera was amazing and so clear but my S...

Same here. My S9 camera was amazing and so clear but my S10 camera always looks grainy and out of focus. You know when you zoom in on a picture and it looks grainy the more you zoom in? It looks just like that. Even worse in low light. My S9 took good photos in low light but not my S10.

userXeRFwMLHBz
Asteroid

Someone (Samsung engineers) please change this. This it's HORRIBLE. I literally took a screenshot and them compared it to the image I took immediately after. The amount of detail in the screen shot was vastly superior to the sacred image. See attached images of my hairy legs. It gets even worse. Samsung's OWN WEBSITE would not let me upload the cameras image because it was too big. So I screenshotted the image. Regardless, you can see the lack of detail. Holy potatoe. I think I'm going to switch back to apple, or maybe try out the Pixel first. Screenshot_20190915-200724_Camera.jpg

Screenshot_20190915-202213_Gallery.jpg

Highlighted
userS2TqNZnUxK
Cosmic Ray

Any word from Shamesung representatives? They probably can't fix it, that's why they won't respond. I am switching to iPhone 11, you won't be missed Samsung 

userN3no9azf6i
Constellation

Ok, so I might have an answer as to why this is happening for some of the people. Long story short if you have an S10 that isn't a US version or specifically(and this is my best guess as an engineer with phone industry background) a Snapdragon 855 processor you might have bad photos. European and Asian versions come with Samsung's Exynos 9820 SoC. Photos inside home or home light environments are frankly unacceptable. In my case I noticed very grainy photos when I took pictures of myself against the light in the background. The graininess is most noticible on smooth, none-monotone surface such as skin.Screenshot_20190928-194829_Gallery.jpgSnapdragon

tempFileForShare_20190928-194626.jpgExynos

Note that Exynos doesn't smooth out the skin while Snapdragon version does. This is only part of the story, the face looks like I have recovered from some sort of skin disease and I'm covered in skin colored bubbles.

The point is check your s10 version and see which processor it uses and it might explain your issues as I found out by complete accident.

Galaxy_J3_2018
Astronaut

Have you tried going into camera settings and setting them all at max settings for resolution and pixels?