cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Really bad picture quality on my S10+ rear cameras

Hello guys,

I just got my Samsung Galaxy S10+ and I am noticing that the picture quality of the rear camera are not good at all. Every time I take a picture, the images look grainy, pixelated, and blurred.

Is anyone else experiencing the same issue? My previous phone was the Samsung Galaxy S6+ and the camera on that phone was incredible, so as of now I am a little dissapointed on the phone.

71 REPLIES 71
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Really bad picture quality on my S10+ rear cameras

I'm having the same issue. I'm also not impressed with the cameras. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

Even my S10 + has terrible photos. Even my old S7 edge is getting better. What the is that.

Highlighted
Asteroid

For me it is the wide angle camera that has horrible quality. The main camera is good but when i switch to the wide angle lense the pictures start to get blurry even in day light! I got the phone thinking i finally have wide angle option, but its so dissappointing to find out the quality is doo doo

Highlighted
Astronaut

Dokonce i můj S10 + má hrozné fotografie. Dokonce i moje stará hrana S7 se zlepšuje. Co to je.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I have a Galaxy S10 and the camera is CR @ P on this thing. My IPHONE 8 - AN OLD IPHONE8! TAKES BETTER PICTURES THAN THIS S10!  I travel around the world with my husband and the camera quality is the most important thing on a phone for us a because we share travel photos and I was told this is the best. It is the worst!  My 8 takes MUCH clearer, more color accurate pictures than this thing. The pictures are too saturated and GREEN on this piece of c r @ p!  I take pictures side by side and the crappy old iPhone, many years old, wins every time! I've played with all the settings but they're also blurrier too and in critical landscapes, the Samsung camera just grains out large similar colored areas like it doesn't know what to do with them. The pictures on this thing are absolutely terrible and I've just had to go back to using my iPhone 8 because that is a much better phone than this sloppy, poorly designed THOUSAND DOLLAR "FLAGSHIP" PHONE

Highlighted
Asteroid

I understand you completely. Samsung isn't doing anything to solve this issue. FYI, I just switched to the Pixel 4XL and the Camera is AMAZING! I thought about waiting for th S20 but after my experience with the S10+, I don't think I will purchase another Samsung phone until I am certain that the features they promise, actually work. If you can, get the Pixel 4XL.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Yeah but the pixel phones still keep big notches even tho the 4xls isnt as bad as the 3xls, and they for some reason removed the wide angle lense and many other important features. I also have the same issue with my s10 plus. photos are only best when i go to very lit areas or outside in the sun then id get better quality photos. But even when i take photos in day time but inside a building for some reason the quality drops if its in a building. But outside is best. But video quality still looks blurry even in 4k option and outside. Thankfully i didnt pay $1000 for mine i got open box brand new for $540. I might return it before the 15 day return period and probably try to get something else. Either an iphone xs max or 11 pro or a oneplus phone. Tho ill miss the headphone jack on my s10 plus 

Highlighted
Constellation

Same here. Just got S10+ from mailbox.

Sitting here with old phone S8+.

Took pic with old and new.

Old pic is crisp and clear.

New pic seems blurry and pixelated.

I don't know what to say right now.

I am speechless and disappointed.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hopefully more people reach out so that Samsung fixes the issue. I will try to go to the Samsung store located in my city to get more information.