cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usernWHGSYIvCx
Constellation

Removing preinstalled apps like CNN from Galaxy S10

Can someone tell me why CNN comes preinstalled on my new Galaxy S10?  I would like it removed but it doesn't seem possible which I think is crazy.   I have tried several ways but it seems the only option is to disable it.  

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Removing preinstalled apps like CNN from Galaxy S10

CNN was not preinstalled on my ATT S10+. It must be an app that your carrier included in their software for the phone.

usernWHGSYIvCx
Constellation

I have ATT and my S10 has it.   I just received it this weekend.   It did an update right after I put it online so maybe it got pushed out with that.   I find it beyond belief that I cannot remove it.   It allows me to select "UNINSTALL" but then it really doesn't uninstall.  In the Play Store the uninstall option just switches to UPDATE.   

I went in to Settings / Apps / CNN and the only option is to force it to stop or disable it.  

Samsung_yl88c0F
Astronaut

Yeah this is not a Samsung based issue. The phone did not...

Yeah this is not a Samsung based issue. The phone did not include the app. It was your Phone carrier that included it.

Sun

Hey, 

T-mobile 

Galaxy S9 SM-G960U 

G960USQS5CSEA

Security Patch Level

June 1st, 2019

I have the the same app and a few more just like it. Before I disable them I open mobile data and battery to restrict their background usage and clear the cache and data.. CNN must have a contact with Google, Samsung or a group of carriers. 

CLF 

usernWHGSYIvCx
Constellation

That's weird because Longhiker responded that they didn't have it and their phone is ATT.

Sun

Yeah that is strange but really it doesn't matter to me who installed it as long as I can prevent it from running. I can't prevent any of the the three giants from installing anything so I do what I can. It only holds a few mbs of storage, no memory usage, no battery usage, no data usage. I don't even use edge panels so I don't really need CNN for edge panels. I have Yelp for edge panels as well and make the same changes and disable it.

CLF 

Highlighted
Red Giant

In ATT device latest update downloads CNN as CNN for samsung. Though  you can't uninstall it but you can disable it. Long tap the app > select disable  OR settings> app> select cnn for enable or disable. After disabling CNN , you will not see it in your app tray.